Four

Chapter 3! If your enjoying the story tell me!

I'll try and update at least once a month. Probably more.

*-*-*

16 years old

"Alyx! Come out here now!" The drunken Father raged. Alyx was hiding in her new favorite hiding spot.

Alyx did all the cooking and cleaning, she new every crook and cranny in the house. Her favorite spot was in the kitchen. Under neath the island, there were two cabinets. When you opened them they each had 3 shelves. Alyx removed the shelves and there was enough room to hide 2 people. Her father never checked here so that's where so always stayed.

"God dammit! Alyx! Get out her before you regret it!" he screamed. He was getting closer to spot. His voice echoed through the house. She heard his feet stomp and stop right in front of the cabinet. He ripped the doors open and saw her terrified face. In one swift motion, she was out of the cabinet and running down the hall.

He was faster though. He barely got a hold of her hair and pulled. She stumbled back and hit him on the chest. He grunted before dragging her to the basement door.

"I told you, you would regret it" he hissed at her before throwing her down the basement steps. She tumbled down for what felt like an eternity .

When she finally reached the bottom pain struck through her whole body. She checked her body for major injuries and found none, which should soon change.

He grabbed her hair again and ripped her shirt in half. He pulled on her arm and dragged her to the two poles. He tied her right wrist and right ankle to one wall, and her left wrist and left ankle to the other. He circled her, whipping the belt across the walls.

"Why don't you listen?" he hissed before striking her straight down the back.

"Things would be better if you were never born" he growled.

Snap

Another hit the the back. She arched her back in pain and groaned. She bit back the scream as another snap was made.

"You killed your mom" He rose his voice.

"You'll end up killing your brothers!" He screamed. Alyx hated that he always brought her twin half-brothers into this. Ethan and Grayson did nothing to him, they were only toddlers and they didn't even live with Alyx.

"You're probably end up killing me.... and that boy that uses you" He whispered in her ear.

"He doesn't use me!" She yelled and snapped her head back to hit his. He touched his forehead to feel a warm liquid pouring out. His face turned red with rage.

Snap

Snap

Snap

*-*-*

"Are the' fresh?" Daryl asked, concern in his voice. He pointed to the bright red scars sticking out of her collar. Alyx looked into his bright blue eyes as she nodded. The brightness in his eyes faded and was replaced with pure hatred.

"I swear..." he stopped himself. He couldn't swear, he couldn't stop her father from the things he did. He couldn't stop his father from the things he did.

Alyx brought Daryl to this waterfall to tell him something. She though this was the right place. Secluded, peaceful, and no one could hear his shouts.

"Daryl I have to tell you something" She started. Daryl nodded his head, he was nervous.

Is she gonna tell me she's likes me? Is she gonna tell me she's moving? Is she gonna tell me she hates me?

His mind didn't stop thinking of all the possibilities. He was so absorbed in thought he missed what she said.

"Hmm?" he hummed, telling her to repeat it.

"Well, I'm, uh, I-I" she stuttered.

"Spit it out, alyx" Daryl pushed.

"I'm leaving" She blurted out.

"Leavin'? Where ya goin'?" He asked confused. Was she leaving forever? What's happening?

"I'm joining the military" she said, looking at her feet.

"What? Why woulda do that for? Which branch?" He said raising his voice.

"The Army, and you know sure as hell why" She raised her voice to, she was starting to get angry.

Daryl's facial features where filled with anger, disappointment and mostly fear. If she left him, he would be alone. She can't leave him! Just like his brother did. Just like his mom did.

"Ya can't jus' leave! You would do that ta me? Ta yer brothers?" He shouted swinging his arms in her face. When he was angry he got physical, but he would never hurt Alyx. He clenched his fist at his sides and his breathing picked up.

"I'm sorry Daryl! I have to leave! I can't take it anymore! Ethan and Gray will be fine, they live with their mom.." She shouted back, she was done with her father, she wanted to be as far away from him as possible, even if it meant leaving Daryl and her brothers.

After realizing what she was talking about Daryl calmed down, slightly. He sighed and unclenched his fists. He walked closer to Alyx and put a hand on her shoulder.

"When yer leavin'?" he asked. He wanted to make his last moments with her memorable.

"Well, I have to be 18 to join, so a week" she calmly replied. Her birthday was in a few days, she had to wait.

Daryl looked astonished. He new she'd be leaving soon but a week?

He grunted and paced back and forth.

"Daryl talk to me" Alyx pleaded. Daryl had no more words. His actions spoke for him though. He stopped in his tracks and turned to her. He stepped towards her and put his hands on her cheeks. Before Alyx could react he forcefully connected his lips with hers. He pulled away a few moments later with tears in his eyes.

"I understand... go" he whispered. He didn't want her to see him cry so she zoomed over to his new motorcycle. He pulled his crossbow over his head and out it on the back of the bike. Before he left he turned his head towards her.

"Stay safe, Alyx... I love you"

Alyx hasn't heard from him after that in 10 years.

*-*-*

Whoa whoa whoa Daryl?? what are you doing? it's only chapter 3!

1) how will Daryl and Alyx reunite?

2) will Alyx survive combat?

3) what's will happen next?