Fourteen

Molly, I know you're reading this

Doing a time jump right now because the CDC episode requires a lot of word for word lines and ain't nobody got time for dat

Also I've been trying to respond to your comments but it always errors, just know that I love all of you for commenting!

*-*-*

BOOM

The last 'safe haven' we had, destroyed, exploded, obliterated, engulfed in fire. The CDC exploded into pieces of destroyed ruble and flames. Jenner told us about the walker infection. It shuts down the brain, the human part, it's gone forever. The brain stem restarts, gets the bodies around and moving, just enough to attack live people. The CDC ran on fossil fuel, which they ran out of... The CDC would go through 'decontamination' when it ran out of fuel, and that's just what happened. Jenner stayed, as well as Jacque, they're gone now... Dead. They wanted to burst into flames, a millisecond, Jenner said, no pain. He'd rather quickly die than fight on and stay alive to end this thing. But not me, I've been to hell and back but I won't stop trying to get to heaven.

"Yer okay?" Daryl asked as he lifted himself off of me, lying on the truck floor. He'd just protected my body from the heat of the explosion, but we were still dripping with sweat. Rider hopped in the RV with Glenn and Amy. He definitely has a thing for Amy, I made a mental note to tease him about that later. But now wasn't the time for games.

"Yeah, You?" I replied to him. he just shrugged so I looked into his fear filled blue eyes and kissed his cheek quickly. He turned the truck on and speed down the road after the rest of the group. I pulled my legs to my chest and rested my forehead on my knees. I sighed deeply before looming out the window at the scenery.

"What are we going to do now?" I blurted out of the blue. I turned my head to look at him, he was biting his thumb finger nail, a bad habit. He shrugged and kept his attention on the road ahead of us.

"You look like your sucking your thumb when you do that" I informed, easing an eyebrow. He scoffed and continued doing it. I shook my head and rested it back on my knees. Dar cleared his throat to get my attention, I looked at him and he was patting his lap with his hand. I sighed and laid across the front seats, my head in his lap. He brushed a piece of hair behind me ear and lured me into a deep sleep.

Daryl's POV

She looked so peaceful when she slept. Her eyes weren't wide and full of fear, her jaw wasn't ready to bite you, her eyebrows weren't scrunched together in anger. She looked relaxed, happy almost...almost. A single honk knocked me from my gaze and I looked to the road. The cars were pulled over and they were discussing something. I slowed to a halt and lifted Alyx's head of my lap, setting it down gently on the seat.

"Was wrong?" I called out. Rider walked over to me, arms crossed.

"Radiator houses busted... again. Where's Alyx?" he asked.

"Again? God dammit. And Alyx's asle-"I began

"Right here, fellas!" Alyx interrupted, sitting up from the truck seat.

"Couldn't sleep any longer, and I heard Daryl being a little bitch" She mumbled the last part to Rider, as she walked towards us. A grin grew on his face but was soon erased when I glared at him. He looked scared and backed away towards his girlfriend, or soon to be at least. (Amy)

"RV's stopped?" She asked. We all nodded in sync, Alyx sighed deeply and put her hair up in a messy bun.

"Could I take a look?" She asked dale. When everyone gave her a shocked look she turned to me.