Forty-five

70 THOUSANDS READS??????? SPANK ME WITH RAW TUNA AND SHIT IN THE SAVANNAH

THATS OUTRAGEOUS

i def dont deserve that but thx ily

Also my computer keeps changing Michonne to Machine

*-*-*

Alyx's POV

After a lengthy attempt to get Morgan to come join us at the prison, Rick finally let it go. They bickered for almost an hour before Rick caved in. Morgan reused to come back with us, claiming it would be gone in days. Carl and Michonne returned shortly after the argument with a pink and brown crib, a photograph and colorful cat statue. Michonne said she couldn't leave the statue behind, because of its beauty, which caused me to laugh for the first time in a while. I don't know much about the photograph except that it was of the Grimes family from years ago and that Carl went through hell to get it.

As the 4 of us were leaving Morgans town, his actions caught our attention. He was searching through his traps, killing any walkers who fell for them and laying them neatly on a gurney. From the piles of burnt bodies around town, I figured thats how he disposes of them.

"He's okay?" Michonne asked, surprised to see him walking around after they knocked him out beforehand. Rick shook his head and walked a few feet ahead of us.

"No, he's not." He said with a rough tone and a frown on his face.

"Wait." Carl stopped us and let down his end of the crib we were carrying. "Hey!" He called out to Morgan. Rick put his hand on his sons shoulder to shush him, but Carl ignored his father. "Morgan!" Carl called again."I had to shoot you. You know I had to, right?"

Morgan nodded firmly, a frown permanetly etched onto his face.

"I'm sorry." Carl apologized. He started to walk again, but Morgan stomped towards Carl. I thought he was going to hurt him, so I discreetly pulled out my knife and held it behind my back.

"Hey, son." Morgan said. "Don't ever be sorry." Carl nodded. I put away my knife, and we rushed away from the town full of traps.

*-*-*

Michonne and I were a few steps behind Carl and Rick once we left the small town. They seemed to be having some sort of discussion about Michonne, since they turned and glanced at her a few times. She seemed curious, as was I, but Rick smiled at the end of their conversation so it was probably positive.

"I think they want you to stay." I said to Michonne beside me. She shook her head.

"No." She said simply, and grumpily.

"I've known them for a while now. It seems like they do." I glanced beside me at the intimidating woman to find her staring straight ahead.

"No." She repeated firmly. I shrugged it off, but I could tell Rick, Carl and I saw something in her.

All 4 of us placed the guns and other supplies we gathered into the trunk of the car. Carl and I unloaded our supplies quicker than Rick and Michonne, causing a small split in our group.

"What do you think of her?" I asked Carl quietly. A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips as he answered.

"I think she's one of us." I grinned and ran my fingers through my mop of dark hair.

"Me too, Carl. Me too."

The ride home was silent. Silent and awkward. Especially awkward after we stopped next to the fresh carcass of the man we ignored beforehand, just to steal his backpack full of supplies. A bright orange knapsack drizzled with fresh blood and rotted skin. While the outside was repulsive, the contents were the opposite. 2 cans of beans, 4 boxes of ammo, 3 bottles water and a few peices of spare clothing filled it to the brim. I smiled, then grimaced when I released how twisted that act was. To find joy in the death of a stranger. An innocent stranger. I sighed and stared out my dirty passenger window.

The situation the world enduring was terrifying and gruesome, yet the environment was radiant. The forests trees covered in bright green algae and bold flowers scattered across the dirt covered ground. The suns rays shined between the dark branches, lighting up every detail in its surroundings. Wild animals skipping by without a care in the world.

We turned a few corners and the beauty I was gratefully observing was gone in a heartbeat. Instead of algae covering the plants, it was dried blood. Instead of flowers littering the ground, it was rotting bodies. No more animals skipping by; only the undead.

Moments passed and we finally arrived at the Prison. Carol greeting us happily at the gate, while we had the opposite feelings. Rick, Carl, Michonne and I were highly devastated from our previous discoveries. I flicked Carl's hat and patted Ricks shoulder as we walked into the prison together.

I immediately dropped off my gatherings in the common room and trudged to my cell, where I flopped onto the small bed. As I laid on the shitty and small comforter, I got an idea. I had some free time, some motivation and a need for a double bed. Might as well surprise Daryl too. I hopped out of bed and down the stairs, stopping right in front of Merles cell.

"Whadda want from me, girlie?" His raspy voice asked me without even glancing in my direction. I sighed and slowly blinked.

"I need your help."

"You? Need MY help?" He laughed. "Help from
me!" He laughed again.

"Shut the fuck up and come help me fuck something up."

"Now that... I can do!"

I quickly told him about my simple plan to make our cell 40 times more enjoyable. Both Daryl and I understand the shitty world we live in and I figured a splash of something nice would be good for the both of us.

As we moved around me and Daryl's few belongings, we were mostly quiet.

"Where is Daryl, anyway?" I asked. Merle smirked and shrugged.

"Honestly not sure. My baby bro loves to wonder off, ya know tha'." I nodded and chuckled sarcastically.

"I sure do." Merle began searching each empty cell for another bed without a top bunk, and after a few minutes we managed to find one. He pushed it into my room and against the bed already in here. It looked like crap, but slightly nicer crap than before.

"I'll be back." I said before rushing off to find any sort of storage closet nearby. Finally finding a small one, I searched through it before finding fresh sheets and a thick quilt-like blanket. I gathered as much as my arms would let me and brought them to my cell, laying them nicely on the double bed.

"Sweet." I said and flopped down once again, this time a noticeable difference in comfort. "Really sweet." I heard Merle chuckle from behind me and I grimaced.

"Get out Merle." His chuckle faded and he slapped his knee before exiting and returning to where he belongs.

A laid for minutes before I kicked off my shoes and climbed under the fresh covers, falling asleep with no problem at all.

*-*-*

this was trash and I hope for death