3: Explanations

Dom goes on to tell me that Deck put Hobbs in the hospital. Once I process this they continue to explain what's happening with Deck. I try to stay as calm and collected as possible as Dom and Brian explain that Deck killed Han and blew up the house they were living in. Luckily no one was inside and Dom realised what the package was and protected Mia while Brian protected Jack. "I need some air" I say and quickly exit the room. I rush outside and throw up my breakfast into a bush. I start crying at the information I just received within 5 minutes. Han is dead. Deck killed him. Mia, Brian, Jack and Dom were almost killed. By Deck. Now my family is after my boyfriend. And my boyfriend is after my family. What do I do?

I manage to calm myself down and I pull out my phone but before I can call Deck I hear someone step outside. I turn to see Brian walking out. "You ok?" he asks as he comes to stand beside me. I nod slowly, "Ye, it's just a lot to take in" I say as my eyes fill with more tears. "Come here" he says and pulls me into a hug. I wrap my arms around him and do my best to relax. "I'm sorry we didn't call you when we found out Letty was alive. We should've" he apologises. I pull back shocked. "What? Letty's alive?" I ask in disbelief. He nods, realising how in the dark they've left me. "How long have you known?" I ask, hoping he wouldn't answer with what I was expecting. "A couple months" he sighs. I step away from him and try to keep my cool. "Leave me alone" I order as I turn away from him. "Danielle" he starts but I cut him off and he leaves. I begin crying again and I pull my phone out and call Deck.

I sniffle as I wait for him to answer the phone. He finally picks up, "Hey" he says. "Deck" I say with tears threatening to fall. "Dani, what's wrong? Are you ok?" he asks concerned. I smile at the name, he's the only one who calls me Dani. "Did you kill Han?" I ask. There's a silence on his end. "Did you try to kill Mia and Dom? Are you trying to kill them all? Did you put Hobbs in the hospital?" I question him, getting worked up as I ask each question. "Dani, what's going on?" he asks, clearly confused. "That's a ye. Before I met you, I had a family. Dom, Letty, Mia, Brian, Tej, Roman and Han. And you're trying to kill them. I know they hurt your brother and I'm sorry but I'm begging you don't do this. Please" I explain and beg him, praying he'll listen to me. "They hurt Owen, you know what family means to me" he says. "I know because I feel the same way about my family. So please don't get me stuck in the middle" I plead, tears now streaming down my face. "I'm really sorry Dani, I love you" he says, guilt evident in his voice before he hangs up. "Deck?" I ask. "Deck?" another voice asks from behind me that instantly recognise as Dom. I'm in trouble now.

Dom drags me into the building where everyone else was waiting. "You've got some explaining to do" he says and everyone looks at him confused. "What's going on?" Tej asks. "She was just on the phone to Deckard Shaw, right Danielle?" he asks me knowingly. Everyone looks at me, waiting for me to explain. At least they're giving me the chance to explain. "I met him a couple months ago, before anything with Owen happened" I explain. "How did you meet him?" Dom asks, the unhappiness clear in his voice. "I was on a mission that went south and he helped me out of my wrecked car and helped with my wounds" I answer. "He took care of me, he was there for me when I was alone" I add, doing my best to convince them they shouldn't hate him.

They were all silent for a while and I thought it best not to try and defend Deck further, no matter how much I wanted to. "We'll just keep her away from Shaw" Dom begins and everyone looks up at him. "What? Dom you can't do that" I respond. "You're a liability!" he yells at me. I look at him shocked, he's never snapped at me like that before. "We'll talk about it after Han's funeral" Brian says as he looks at everyone, they all nod in agreement. Dom looks at him hesitantly and then back at me. "Dom, I didn't know he was going to kill Han. I didn't know he was going to do any of this. Han was my family too" I explain, trying to convince him to let me come to the funeral. He nods reluctantly.

I leave the building once again to stand outside. I know Dom hates me now, I'm not sure about everyone else. I pull my phone out to try and call Deck once more before this is all gets so crazy we won't get the chance to talk. It rings and rings and rings just as I hear him pick up, my phone is snatched from my hand and crushed under a boot. I look up to see Dom. "Dom! What the hell?" I shout at him. "You come out here to call him, seriously" he shouts back at me. "Why are you so mad at me? I met him before anything with Owen happened and I didn't know about any of this until you told me. What more do you want me to say? I'm sorry? I have nothing to be sorry for. I was calling him to talk to him, just me and him before everything goes crazy because I don't know if I'll be able to see or speak to him again!" I yell at him as tears stream down my face. He just stares back at me as I break down into sobs. I walk away as he watches me leave.