19: New York

Roman continues to complain about the way we're travelling as we sit in the back of a seafood truck. I'm sitting beside Deck with my head resting on his shoulder as I try and stay calm and not throw up due to the smell of raw fish. "Before I throw up in my mouth, let me ask you; what are we doing here?" Roman asks as we all step out of the truck and walk through a fish factory. "That's a good questions Roman, let me show you" Little Nobody answers as we reach a door. It opens to show hundreds of gorgeous cars parked through a large garage. We look at it all in awe and walk through staring at every vehicle as we pass. "Now Mr Nobody said that if we're gonna have a chance at catching Dom, we're gonna need to be damn fast. Figured this would help" Little Nobody adds and allows us to wander the place ourselves.

I see Deck working on his car and I decide to sit with him since I've done what I need to my car. I hop onto the desk behind him and he looks at me from over his shoulder. We stay in a comfortable silence as he works and I watch contently. "Captain Deckard Shaw. Distinguished himself by acts of gallantry at the risk of his life above and beyond the call of duty. His bold actions saved the lives of hostages and his teammates. Recommendation; Victoria Cross" Hobbs reads from a letter and I watch Deck. "Highest honour the British government has ever given. You're a traitor, something about this thing doesn't add up to me" he adds himself. "Well that would be the same kind of funny math that says a DSS agent who has a silver star for valour stole an EMP. Sound familiar?" Deck answers seemingly angry before continuing with the job he's doing on his car.

Hobbs asks for help with lifting a piece of the car and they both lift it together onto the stand under the lifted car. "You know twinkle toes, I think in another life you and I could've done some serious damage" Deck says with a chuckle and I smile. "Ye we could've" Hobbs replies. "Shame I'm gonna have to bounce your head off the fender when this is all over" Deck adds and I sigh with a shake of my head, not surprised an insult was thrown after their good moment. "Well with all due respect Captain, when this thing is all over we're gonna find a location and I'm gonna knock your teeth so far down your throat you're gonna stick a tooth brush up your ass to brush them" Hobbs replies with a very serious face. They both stand in silence for a few seconds before they laugh together and Hobbs leaves while I sit there confused.

Deck finishes with his car and we both sit on the hood. We shuffle back a little to lean against the windscreen and he wraps an arm around my shoulders and I lean into him. "Dani, listen to me" he says quietly. "Ye" I answer. "Something's gonna happen and I don't want you to worry" he continues and rubs his hand up and down my arm. I sit up a little and look at him concerned. "What? What are you gonna do?" I ask. Before he can answer the radios start going crazy, "We've got an army of cars driving themselves. Send backup, send SWAT, I don't care if you send the goddamn Boy Scouts just send us some help" someone shouts. "Now that's Dom" Letty states obviously. Everyone rushes to their cars and I look at Deck worried. "Everything will be fine, I promise" he says as he cups my cheek and kisses me before he gets off and pulls me off as well. He get into his cars and I reluctantly do the same and we drive out the garage with everyone else.

Deck and I drive side by side as we see Dom turn a corner and we follow him. He comes to a stop when he sees everyone else blocking his path and he looks behind him to see me and Deck parked behind him, blocking his path backwards. "Guys I know why Dom's here. Police scanners are saying he stole nuclear football" Ramsey says through the radio. "It's over Toretto, get your ass out of the car now" Hobbs demands through his speaker but Dom just revs his engine. "So that's how you wanna play this? Let's play" Hobbs replies. Dom drives forward and Little Nobody drives out to stop him, giving Dom the chance to drive through a flower shop. We all make chase after him and drive around civilian vehicles. "Now I know what it feels like to be every cop chasing us" Tej says and it makes me smile a little. "I'm gonna get a little close, I'm gonna pit him" Little Nobody says. "Oh so you just gonna pit Dom. Little Nobody has clearly lost his little mind" Roman replies sarcastically.

We continue chasing him through the streets, "I'm on him" Little Nobody says. "Easy, work together" I add through my radio. Dom drives through scaffolding and causes it to land on Little Nobody because he didn't stop like the rest of us. We all drive around it while Hobbs drives through it with his truck. Deck and I pull down a street and see Dom stop in front of us, we both fire our hooks at his car as Hobbs and Roman do the same on different sides of his car. Letty and Tej already hooked up to his car. We all reverse and try and stretch him out under Hobbs' order. Dom's car is pulled in all directions as he tries to keep control of the car. "He's gotta have about 2 thousand horse power in that thing" Hobbs says. "Try 3 thousand" Tej replies. "Try 5" Deck mutters. We continue to pull at his car when he starts changing gears and driving forwards and backwards to take us all out. Before we know it we're in a 5 car pile up.