31: Mick Jagger

Once again, Brixton reminisces about his time with Deck. When they were brothers and worked together, before Deck put a bullet through his brain. "We ended up seeing the worst in people, our leaders, our enemies, our friends" he says. "You don't know the meaning of that word" Deck says while panting. "But don't worry about it, neither does he" Hobbs buts in, nodding to Deck. "He shoots them right in the head, but in your case I think was a hell of a good idea" he adds and I sigh knowing he shouldn't have opened his mouth again. "Big man, you still talking?" Brixton challenges him. "I said I thought it was a hell-" Hobbs starts to repeat but Brixton presses the button again. We all groan in pain as the electricity courses through us again. He releases the button and we all start panting again and catch our breaths. "Luke, stop talking" I say to him angrily again.  I look at Deck and see him already looking at me, I nod to tell him I'm ok but he just keeps watching me pant.

After Brixton's little speech about humanity and their self-preservation and the vision Eteon has about saving the planet and humanity. Apparently, we're gonna wipe ourselves out my 2096 and we can save the world with Eteon's vision. "You don't save the world with genocide" Hobbs says. "Genocide, schmenocide" Brixton mocks. "You know what this virus is? This virus is a necessary shock to the system" he states before pressing the button again. We all groan and grunt in pain again with the pain intensifying with each shock Brixton gives us. We all let out a scream of pain at once and Brixton releases the button. "That's three" he states. "I love this thing" he mutters.

"I told you then, I'm telling you now" Deck starts with a raspy voice from the pain. I continue to take deep breaths to deal with the long lasting pain. "Your metrics are off. One good reason, you assume the worst in people" Deck argues. "People can't be trusted to do the right thing. Just look at you two, the fate of the world is in your hands and you can't even get along" Brixton argues back and honestly I can't argue with him. These two really can't get along. "I'm sure Danielle can back me up on that. Can't you Dani?" he asks me. "Don't call me that" I tell him. Brixton chuckles at me and passes Deck a used bullet, "Little souvenir, huh, bro?" he says. "You come to kill me, I'll do the same every time" Deck says before dropping the bullet to the floor. Hobbs starts chuckling in his seat and I brace myself for the inevitable shock of electricity. "Anyone talking to you?" Brixton asks him. "Your mum" Hobbs replies with confidence. Brixton presses the button for the fourth time, clearly losing his patience with Hobbs. We all scream again and groan until he releases the button.

Brixton starts talking about when Deck killed him, "When you shot me, you gave me a gift. Look at me, I'm black superman" he states with pure confidence. "The more machine I become, the more humane I am" he says. "This is what you want to fight for. I'm giving you another chance to join us, Deckard. And the boss wants big mouth and your girlfriend as well. If not, I kill you all. Which honestly, I'd love to do" he finishes his little proposal and mentions Eteon's power. They can hunt anyone, dismantled Deck and even his own sister disowned him. "Say the word and all of this goes away. Your sister lives. Your girlfriend lives. His daughter lives. We get you some upgrades and we go on to saving the world" he continues and I see Hobbs' face fall when Brixton mentions Sam. "What's it gonna be?" he finally asks us.

Deck looks at me then at Hobbs, "Just get it done" he says. Brixton chuckles, "I told the boss you wouldn't change your mind. See you later" he says before raising his hand to press the button. "Wait, wait, wait, wait" Hobbs yells and Brixton pauses. Deck and I look at each other confused. "I think we should join" Hobbs says to us. "What?" I ask in disbelief, this isn't Hobbs. "What are you deaf, stupid or both? We ain't joining" Deck states. "There you go again, you're just thinking of yourself. You're such a diva, what about my feelings for once? Let me tell you something, if we were a band, you'd be Mick Jagger" Hobbs tells Deck as he looks at him frustrated. "Mick Jagger" Deck mutters, then I realise what Hobbs is doing. "Mick Jagger" Deck repeats, coming to the same conclusion as me. "So what's it to be? In or out?" Brixton asks impatiently.

The three of us look at each other before looking at Brixton. "We're not gonna join" we all say together. "But since you're standing there, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna rip the arm off this chair. I'm gonna smash him right in the face, stab him right in the neck for looking that way, kill all 13 guys in seven seconds" Hobbs explains. "And here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna slip out of these chains" I start. "And dropkick him, him and him right in the throat" Deck finishes. "No, not him, that's face smash guy. You gotta pick another guy" Hobbs argues. They both start arguing about who's gonna get the guy. "You see that guy over there? The big one. The big one. That's face smash guy" Deck tells Hobbs while Brixton stands there very confused by the exchange happening. "Nah, he's way too big. Ain't that right Hattie?" Hobbs replies and we all look at Hattie pointing a gun at Brixton.

"Let them go" she demands. "Alright boys, stay calm. We need her alive. Let them go or what?" he challenges her. "Or you're gonna get a nice new bruise right at the centre of your forehead" she replies. "You aren't gonna shoot me" he says and she pulls the trigger but nothing happens. "Because you need an activation chip to fire that gun" he finishes. Then Andreiko jumps in with a flame gun and fires it at Brixton. Hobbs, Deck and I push our chairs back to avoid getting burned. Now we're getting out of here.