25: London

The 6 o'clock alarm goes off on Deck's bedside table and Deck untangles himself from me and turns it off. He turns back to me and kisses my cheek before climbing out of bed and going downstairs. I stay in bed for a few minutes before getting out and going downstairs myself. I find Deck cooking us breakfast and I stand behind him and wrap my arms around his waist and kiss his shoulder. We eat our breakfast before getting changed and walk into the garage. He opens the passenger door for me and I kiss his cheek with a "Thank you" before getting in. He then drives out of the garage and parks outside a coffee shop. We get out and Deck opens the umbrella and I run into him to stay out of the rain. We both walk closely together under the umbrella until we reach the coffee shop and we get drinks before we sit outside when the rain stops.

As we sit chatting Deck's phone rings and he's told we have a mission and all he asks is "Where?". We get all the information we need before going home to change. I put on a simple but elegant knee length black dress with a pair of black heels and my hair tied up in a bun. Deck wears a black button shirt with a black suit. "Well don't you look handsome" I say as he walks into the kitchen. "Well don't you look beautiful" he replies and rests his hands on my hips while mine rest on his shoulders. We share a loving kiss before leaving to go to the party our target is at.

We walk in to see men and women dancing and we walk through to the back while Deck grabs a champagne bottle off a waiter's tray. We reach the back and find our target surrounded by bodyguards. He looks at us and asks "Who the hell are you?". Deck and I look at each other, "We're what you might call a champagne problem" Deck answers with a grin. The guards attack us and Deck hits them with the champagne bottle while I punch and kick others. Deck hits the last guy in the face with the bottle and he falls to the floor. "Would've thought that would've broke" he says before dropping it and it smashes at this feet. We walk towards our target and I grab a rope from one of the clothes stands. I swing it forward and hit the guy in his crotch and Deck winces, understanding that must've hurt. I hook the rope around his neck and kick him in the chest. He goes out the window and stands on the ledge while I use the rope to hang him over the ledge.

I hold him steady while Deck stands beside me. "A little bird told us about a shadow outfit. Black tech, Black ops. Real assholes, like you. They're called Eteon and you're gonna tell us where to find them" Deck states to the man. "You're not gonna tell us because I'm hanging you out of a window, you're gonna tell us because I'm the one willing to drop you" I add as I let the rope slip a little. He gives us the information we need and I tie my end of the rope above the window and we leave him there. "Wait! No, don't leave me here, please!" he begs us as we walk away.

The next day, Deck and I visit his mother, Queenie in prison. We wait in the visiting area when they bring her out bound in cuffs. "Come on is that really necessary? She's 71 years old, what's the matter with you lot?" Deck asks annoyed. "Sir, the prisoner will only be allowed more leniency when she's proves to be less of a security risk" the guard warns Deck before Queenie says "Well if someone leaves the backdoor open, it's a bit daft not to try and use it" she defends. "What's daft is paying one of the screws to leave it open, but not paying them enough to keep their mouth shut" Deck argues and I chuckle at them. "Well, my point still stands" she says and I smile at her. "If you can't break out of shitty prison like this then you're seriously slipping mum" Deck says to her. "You cheeky bugger" she replies and I laugh at their exchange. She then asks about a birthday cake and Deck says he ain't baking it. "What about you Danielle?" she asks me and I lean into the phone Deck is holding. "Oh I can't bake" I say with a shake of my head. She tells us she wants some C-4 and I laugh. "Listen, if you want out of here just say the word. I'll handle it" Deck says. "Oh Deck I'm just having a bit of fun. I quite enjoy the peace and quiet. Nice walk, bit of reading, loads of sudoku. It's like being retired. Love it" she replies and Deck smiles at her. "It sounds lovely, that's not the image you painted of prison" I say and look at Deck. They both laugh at me.

"Now listen, have you spoken to your sister?" Queenie asks seriously and Deck answers "You know I haven't" and I wrap my hand around his arm. "Give me your hand" she tells him and they lock hands through the small gap. "Here we go" Deck mutters and I pinch his arm. "You and your sister, you used to be inseparable. What happened Deck? What happened between you?" she asks sadly and Deck looks down a little ashamed and sad and I squeeze his arm in assurance. "I remember you, Owen and Hattie playing out in the backyard. Your little games, your little grifts. Robbing banks. You used to give your scams code names" she starts laughing. "What was that one?" she asks in thought with a smile on her face. "The Keith Moon" Deck answers I smile at him. "Ye, that's right. It was called The Keith Moon because-" she starts. "Because it involved lots of explosive percussion and permanent air damage" Deck answers and Queenie and I laugh at him. She then tells him that all he's got to do is pick up the phone and that Hattie looks up to him. "Used to" Deck replies shortly. Queenie looks down sadly. "Well, one day I hope I walk through that door and I see the three of you sitting there" she says and looks at me with a smile. I smile back, feeling grateful she wants me here and Deck smiles as well. "How many years you got left?" I ask. "2 with good behaviour" she answers. "So how many really?" Deck asks knowingly. "4" she answers and they smile at each other. "I'll do my best" I tell her and she nods in thanks before we leave when they say 'Love you' to each other.