7: Complicated

I reach the back of the bus and Brian is gesturing for Dom to get close. "You're gonna have to jump" Brian says to Ramsey as if it's nothing. She begins to freak out and refuses to jump and tries to step back. I step to stand on her other side and I grab her arms. "Listen, if you don't jump we're gonna die. We got you" I say sternly to her and she nods although I know she still doesn't like this. She doesn't have a choice. Brian counts down for her but pushes her on 2 instead of 3. Ramsey screams as she's thrown onto the hood of Dom's car. She tries to reach for his hand as he reaches through his sun roof to help her into the car. Just as Dom manages to grab Ramsey's hand another car comes through the trees and hits Dom, causing him to let go of Ramsey's hand. She stays on the hood of his car but slides from side to side as Dom regains control. We both look to the unknown vehicle to see Deck in the drivers seat. Deck continues to ram his car into Dom's and Ramsey seems to struggle to stay on the hood so Dom revs his car and causes the front wheels to lift off the ground, throwing Ramsey towards the open sun roof. She climbs in and I sigh with relief.

I lock eyes with Deck for a second before I'm kicked in the back and off the bus. I land on the hood of Deck's car as he accelerates forward to catch me. I grab the edge of his hood to stay on as he pushes the windshield of his passenger seat open. I look over my shoulder to see Brian fighting with one of the guys from inside the bus. Then I look over at Dom and I know I don't have the time to jump back on the bus so I reach for the open passenger window and Deck offers me his hand. I take his hand and he pulls me into his car. He lets go of my hand as I climb through the window and rests it on my back to help me inside. I pull the windshield shut as he looks at me to check on me. "I'm ok" I say assuringly and he nods with a smile. Dom rams into Deck's car, causing us to drive off the road and through the trees. "If you think me being in here will stop him from sending us over a cliff, you're wrong" I state simply to Deck as he avoids a tree.

I notice vehicles following us through the rear view mirror. We manage to lose one by causing it to crash into a tree trunk. Deck and Dom drive towards a hill where we're mid air for a few seconds, which is where we lose the second vehicle. Deck and Dom continue to crash into each other while avoiding trees and trying to keep me and Ramsey alive. We drive towards a cliff, "Deck, cliff" I warn him as he stares at Dom. "Deck!" I yell as we come to its edge but both him and Dom swerve and avoid going over the cliff. I sigh in relief but soon remember that this isn't over. We drive along the edge of the cliff and I pray that neither Dom and Ramsey or us goes over it. Roman's car comes through the trees and catches the back of Deck's car causing us to turn a little but while Deck gains control Dom hits the back of our car again. We're sent tumbling down the hill.

Once we stop, the car is on it's side and I'm lying on top of Deck. "I told you it wouldn't stop him" I grunt and begin to get up. "Do you really think that's why I caught you?" he asks me in disbelief as he sits up straight. I look back at him, unsure of what to say. "I caught you because I didn't want you to get hurt not to use you against Toretto" he answers with slight frustration before he gets up and climbs out the car. I start to climb out behind him as I say "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have assumed that". He stands on the vehicle and reaches his hand in to grab me. I take his hand and he lifts me out the car door. "It's ok" he answers as he jumps down with his gun. He turns to help me down from the car and I jump a little and he catches me lightly. "Sorry" he says before kissing my cheek and running off through the trees. "Deck" I call after him and run after him.

He pulls out pieces of his gun and puts it together as he runs. I realise he's getting ready to shoot Dom. "Deck, don't. Please" I shout to him. He reaches the cliff side where Dom is surrounded by black vehicles. I stand behind Deck as I recognise the man talking as Mose Jakandae, the man who kidnapped Ramsey. "Target the driver" he shouts to his men. Dom spins his car multiple times causing dust and sand to create a fog. Once it all clears I see Dom facing the direction of the cliff and I know what his plan is now, and it's insane. "Interesting" Deck mutters to himself. Jakandae counts down and when he reaches one, his men begin firing at Dom as he drives over the edge of the cliff. I hear his car hit the rocks and roll down the cliff and I silently hope that him and Ramsey are ok.

Deck continues to stare between the cliff and Jakandae and his men. I look at him and have no idea what to do or say so I turn and begin walking away. I know the way back to the road, I'll have to hope that one of the team will find me. "Where are you going?" Deck asks as he folds up his gun and runs after me. I sigh and think of what to say next.