23: Family

We all sit around the rooftop where we'd planned one of our barbecue's. Dom and Letty stood at the ledge, waiting for Deck to get here with Dom's son. While I help Ramsey set the table so I can keep myself busy, I'm desperate to see Deck. I think a part of me still can't believe he's alive but I'll believe it when I see him. We make our way to Roman and Tej. "I know you both got a lot of stuff in common, like tech, Gods Eye, geek, nerd. But we got a lot in common too" Roman says to Ramsey and I chuckle slightly. "Like what?" Tej asks. "We walk in a room and we're oozing sex appeal" he answers and I laugh out loud before walking away and patting Ramsey's shoulder. I walk to Hobbs and his daughter, "Hey" I greet them. "Hey, Danielle this is Sam. Sam this is Danielle" Hobbs introduces us. "It's nice to meet you Sam" I say and she replies "Nice to meet you too". I realise that she's not shy.

I hear the door and I look instantly to see Mr Nobody and Little Nobody enter. "He'll be here, don't worry" Hobbs says reassuringly. "Cipher is still on the loose, there's some reports she's in Athens but she won't be nuking any cities anytime soon. Thanks to you guys. So I got you a party favour" he says to Hobbs while passing him a box. "This can't be good" Hobbs says with a chuckle. He opens the box to see a DSS badge and gun. "You've been reinstated, you got your job back" Nobody explains. "That is if you want it" Little Nobody adds with a smile. "If I want it?" Hobbs asks before looking at Sam who has a sad, pleading look on her face. "You know, after 16 years. I figure it's time for a little break" he says before looking back at Sam. "Daddy's staying home" he says with a chuckle and she breaks out into a smile and they share a loving hug.

The door opens again and we all see Deck walk through with a baby carrier and I sigh in relief. Seeing him makes the fact he's alive so much more real. He sees Toretto and makes his way towards him, "This could be interesting" Nobody says. Dom and Deck share a small conversation with some smiles before Deck places the carrier down for Dom to have his son. I smile at as he walks away from Dom. He looks at me and we smile before I walk towards him and wrap my arms around him tightly. He hugs me back and I take some deep breaths to stop myself from crying tears of joy again. "I'm so sorry, I wanted to tell you everything" he starts to apologise but I pull away and cup his face. "It's ok, you tried to. You're ok now and that's all that matters to me" I reply before kissing him passionately. We pull apart and he smiles at me. "Just don't do anything like that ever again" I warn him and he chuckles in response. "Deal" he answers before he kisses my cheek and we make our way to the table for food with everyone else.

"You've heard me say you never turn your back on family. I wanna thank you all for never turning your back on me" Dom starts. "You wanna meet them? Alright" he says to the beautiful baby boy. "Everybody, meet Brian" he says and we all smile and clap. I smile at Deck sat beside me and he winks at me. "I guess it's my turn to say grace" Dom says as he sits down and we all lock hands, mine with Deck and Mr Nobody. We all enjoy the food with laughs around the table and it feels like home. It feels so much better knowing Deck is here too and no one's trying to kill him and he's not trying to kill anyone either. Tej begins teasing Roman about not driving out of the plane again and I can't stop laughing at Roman repeatedly trying to explain that "his engine seized up". Everyone laughs at his attempts, "Come on Rome, admit it. You were scared" I say with a smile. "I wasn't scared" he argues frustrated. I just laugh in response and I turn to see Deck smiling at me. I smile back and kiss his cheek while Roman argues with everyone again.

Once we all finish food everyone wanders around the roof to chat and sit somewhere. I'm talking to Deck when Dom walks towards us with Brian. I look at Brian and start talking in my baby voice, "Hello. You're lovely, yes you are" I say to him and Dom hands him over to me. I gladly take him and hold him while I talk to him. I look up at Dom and smile, "I'm happy for you Dom, you're gonna make a great dad" I say and he hugs me. "I'm happy for you too" he says to me before looking at Deck standing beside me. "But if you hurt her in anyway, I will kill you for real" he warns him, pointing a finger at him. "If I hurt her I want you to punish me for it" Deck answers with a chuckle. I smile at him and Brian reaches back out to Dom so I pass him to his dad.

Deck and I are sitting on one of the sofas as the sun sets in between the skyscrapers. "So what's next for us?" I ask curiously as I lean against him. He wraps an arm around me, "Whatever you want" he answers. "Why don't we go back to London?" I suggest. "I loved living there and it's been so long since you've been there" I add and look at him. "That sounds good, as long as you move in with me" he replies with a grin. "I'd love to move in with you" I answer with a smile and kiss him. "I love you" he says. "I love you too" I answer with a genuine smile.

Before we leave to catch the next flight to London we say our goodbyes to everyone. When we come to Dom, he thanks Deck for saving Brian. Deck replies with a "You're welcome". I smile at them both getting along. "You know, you're lucky he's alive because I have no idea what I would've done to you if you had actually killed him" I say to Dom. He nods his head in understanding, "I didn't want to put you through that" he replies. "I know" I say before hugging him and leaving with Deck.