36: Teamwork

We run towards him and we each attempt a punch but he easily avoids them and throws or kicks us away from him. As I climb to my feet, Brixton lifts a tank of some kind and prepares to hit me with it but before he does, Deck dives in front of me and takes the hit. He crashes into me but holds onto me as we're thrown through the large, open door of the destroyed chopper. We get up instantly, ready to attack Brixton again. Once he throws Hobbs back into a large rock Deck and I attempt some hits at him but, as always he avoids them and attacks us instead. Deck is thrown back into a broken piece of the chopper and Brixton kicks me in the ribs and I fall to the ground.

"What's the problem? Does it hurt? Must be hard being so... human" Brixton says as we all groan in pain and pull ourselves to our feet, clutching a part of our body in pain. He runs towards us and once again we all throw a punch at him but he avoids them all and hits us back. He runs into me and I'm thrown into a rock, hard and the air is knocked from my lungs. Deck runs in front of me as Brixton runs towards me while I draw more air into my lungs. Deck takes the hit but Hobbs hits Brixton with a broken window of the chopper and Brixton falls to the floor with a groan. Deck helps me to my feet while Hobbs walks towards us. "Did you see that?" he asks us. "Yeah" Deck and I reply together. "We work together, we can hurt him" Deck states. "You're right, time to work as a team" Hobbs answers with a nod. "Three of us and one of him" I state. "I'll take a punch and let you lay him one" Hobbs says. "I'll do the same" Deck replies and I decide to let them have their moment instead of interrupting. "I got your back, brother" he adds, looking at Hobbs. "And I got yours" Hobbs replies. "Aw, look at you two" I say with a teasing smile. Deck chuckles at me and we all stand up straight. "Let's go unplug this somebitch" Hobbs says.

We charge towards Brixton and Hobbs takes a hit while Deck and I hit Brixton. Deck takes another hit while I kick Brixton legs out from underneath him. Then I take a hit and Hobbs headbutts Brixton and we all fall to the floor with exhaustion. Hobbs takes another hit as I run towards Brixton and hook my legs around his neck and my hand hits the floor. I swing my legs back down to the ground and Brixton ends up headbutting the solid floor with a loud groan of pain. I see Deck smiling at me as he stands and I smile back. Brixton rolls in pain on the ground along with groans and grunts. The three of us nod at each other and charge at Brixton again. Hobbs grabs a piece of metal shaped a lot like a hammer and throws it to Deck. We all pass the hammer back and forth in between hits to Brixton while the others throw very strong and hard punches at him. His system obviously too damaged to process the attacks as quickly as he could so he just took each hit. Hobbs throws Brixton to the ground and Deck slides in and kicks him in the face. Once he stands I kick him back and into Hobbs' chest where he lifts him and throws himself backwards and causes Brixton to hit a very large rock with a lot of force.

Brixton groans and grunts loudly at the immense pain he's in when Hattie walks towards us and Deck stares at her. "I got it" she says with a smile, raising the capsule with the virus in. "You did it Hat" Deck says. "Never had a doubt" Hobbs adds and I grab her hand and give it a squeeze. "Let's get it into safe hands" Hobbs adds again. We all look back at a grunting Brixton and Deck raises an activated gun to him. "You set me up as a traitor, turned my own sister against me, forced me to kill my own brother. You" Deck says to him, the emotions clear in his voice. "And here we are again. Come on!" he yells back at Deck. "Shaw, compared to the cause. One life doesn't mean anything" he adds defeatedly. "I don't know what happened to you Brixton. But you made me kill you once" Deck replies and I watch him intently, he won't do it again. "I ain't doing it again" he adds and drops the gun to the ground. I smile at him and I step forward to stand beside him.

"Brother, you may believe in machines. But we believe in people" Hobbs tells Brixton. "You may have all the technology in the world" he adds. "We have heart" I finish. "No machine will ever beat that" I add proudly. We look at Brixton as he stands and we prepare for him to attack us again. "So that's how it is" he says. "It's a hell of a business guys" he adds before he collapses over the edge of the cliff and to the ocean below it. The screen of the helicopter turns on and an indistinguishable voice talks, "Brixton never really lived up to our expectations. But you four, you outperformed your analytics. You don't remember me, do you Hobbs? You will, it's gonna be a hell of a reunion. You're on our radar now" it says and we all watch confused with furrowed brows. "And you're on ours" Hobbs replies before the screens shut down.

We begin making our way back up the cliff and to the high land above us. "Hey, thanks for being my sidekick throughout this thing, brother. You were great" Hobbs says, pointing to Deck and Hattie and I both smile. "How about I sidekick that stupid look off your face?" Deck replies unimpressed. They start to square up to each other when Hattie wraps an arm around both their shoulders. "Guys, let's go home" she suggest exhausted. They both agree and turn away from each other and I grab Deck's hand and lean into him tiredly. He kisses my temple before we continue back to land.