21: Vladimir

Using Rhodes' information they discover that Cipher is planning to hit Russia next. "It's Vladimir" Mr Nobody says as he walks down the stairs and past me, giving my shoulder a squeeze as he passes. "But there's nothing in Vladimir, it's just ice" Ramsey replies confused. "Well that's funny, I could've sworn there was a secret Russian base where they retrofitted submarines. Well technically it's not Russian anymore, the base was taken over by a terror group of separatists about a month ago and the Russians haven't taken it back yet. So there is a little window of opportunity" Nobody explains. They try and create a plan while I remain silent. "So any other suggestions?" Nobody asks after he explains that the government is basically useless. "Ye, I got one. How about we just stop them ourselves?" Hobbs suggest. "You're talking about a Russian military base" Little Nobody clarifies. "It's suicide" he adds. "It's stopping world war 3. What's it gonna be rook? You gonna close your eyes on this one too, pray that the apocalypse doesn't come knocking on your mamas front door? Or are you gonna be a man and save the entire goddamn world?" Hobbs asks Little Nobody and he takes crowbar and breaks the glass to the keys for the cars stating rule number 3 is 'there are no rules'.

As everyone goes to choose a vehicle I slowly stand from the steps and Nobody walks towards me. "My condolences" he says with a kind nod. I nod back before walking past to choose a vehicle. There's no way I'm gonna let Cipher or Dom get away with killing Deck. He wanted to punish Cipher for what she did to Owen so I'm gonna finish the job for him.

We arrive in Russia and pull up by a ledge where we all gather to get a good look at the Russian base. "Letty I don't like telling you this one bit but the game has changed. Before we were just trying to catch Dom but now after all this, I want you to know that if I have to I'm gonna put him down" Hobbs tells Letty and she replies with "Then you might have to take us both down". I haven't said much in the past few hours, I've remained focussed on completing the task Deck was dedicated to. But when all this is over, I don't know what I'm gonna do. My thoughts are interrupted by Roman complaints about the weather and I role my eyes at him. We then see Dom driving towards the base, we see him take down the defenses likely using the EMP and driving straight into the base.

Tej explains that Cipher just gained control of the sub and Ramsey says she needs to get in the control room and Tej argues that he needs to get in the sub. They debate which to do and Hobbs looks at me and I nod at him. "We'll do both" he says without looking away from me. We all drive down to the base and Hobbs uses his truck to break down a wall, giving us access to the base. I run beside Letty with my rifle when people begin firing at us. We stand behind a metal container and fire at them when Hobbs orders us to get moving. We enter the control room in front of Ramsey and order everyone out.

Ramsey tries to hack the sub's system and stop Cipher from getting control of the sub. Men enter the room and Letty and I have to fight them since we're out of ammo. We both hit the men as hard as we can and avoid their attacks. As I fight I realise how exhausted I am, I've hardly slept or eaten and I cried for a long time. "Ramsey, how much time we talking here?" Letty shouts at Ramsey. She replies saying that she can't stop Cipher and that Tej needs to pull the chip to stop her. The man lifts me in the air with his hands wrapped tightly around my throat. I gasp for air and he throws me through a window, causing the air to be knocked out of my lungs. He starts walking towards me but I see Letty running up behind him and gets his attention before jumping up and kicking him in the chest as I roll out of the way. Her powerful kick sends him over the railing and into the spinning propeller of the sub. Hobbs comes around the corner to see the ugly scene and comments "Nasty" before helping me to my feet. "You alright?" he asks and I nod as I take a deep breath.

Tej warns us about Cipher arming the nukes and Hobbs orders us to get out immediately. We all run out to make our way to the vehicles. We wait for Roman, Tej and Little Nobody and they arrive with the chip, ensuring that Cipher can't launch the missiles. We all get in our vehicles and have military vehicles following closely behind us. "Alright team, here's the plan. There's an opening at the end of the bay, we get there first and close it we stop the submarine from escaping into open water and disappearing forever" Hobbs explains through the radio. While everyone makes comments on the 10 mile journey we need to do or Roman's bright Lamborghini I remain silent and focussed on driving my car.

The vehicles behind us begin firing at us and Tej fires back with his tank and takes out one vehicle. Suddenly, snow mobiles appear behind us. "They're gonna flake us" Letty yells. Then Hobbs appears beside a vehicle and crashes into it with a "No they ain't". A military vehicle fires a missile at Roman and causes him to slide into broken ice, he tries to stay out of the water but he inevitably falls in after Tej hooks his door. "Roman grab your door" Tej shouts through the radio and we all hear Roman yelling until he's silent. Tej drive away from the water and pulls Roman's door out with Roman clinging to it. We all yell in victory or sigh in relief as we see Roman alive and yelling as always.