29: Prepare

While I sleep on Deck's shoulder I hear him and Hobbs starting to bicker. Deck hardly moves to avoid waking me. "Hey, you know what your problem is?" I hear Deck ask. "I'll tell you the problem is. This job, it requires stealth. And you, look at you I mean granted it's not your fault. But your too obvious. You stick out like balls on a bulldog, dangling down in all the wrong places. Seemingly harmless and the next thing you know they're trying to impregnate your sister" he finishes and I have to stop myself from laughing at his accusation. "What? Impregnate your sister?" Hobbs asks in disbelief. "You heard" Deck states. "Now I get it" Hobbs mutters. "You do? I'm glad. Ye, I'm very glad" Deck answers sarcastically. "You actually think that I'm going through all this effort, on this mission, trying to save the world, by the way for the fourth time because I'm really good at it. You think I'm going through all this just so I can do the horizontal-hula with your sister?" Hobbs asks Deck confidently. "Not all, most" Deck answers. Hobbs starts talking about Hattie and saying that if she wants to be with him then he'll let her. "You stay away from her" Deck orders. "I see what you're doing. You think I'm stupid" Deck says, turning his body slightly before looking at me and remains still. "Of course I think you're stupid" Hobbs replies. They continue challenging each other before the air marshal tells them to cut it out.

"Great, you both woke the air marshal and me by the way" I mutter as I sit up straight and wipe my eyes. "Sorry" Deck apologises. "How did you know I was the air marshal?" the man asks me. "Unaccompanied" I state. "Late boarding the plane" Deck adds. "Aisle seat" Hobbs adds as well. "Golf shirt" the three of us say together. "Let's just call that an educated guess" he mutters shocked. "Air marshal Dinkley at your service" he tells us. Dinkley points out that Hobbs is a law man and Deck and I are spies and we're all impressed. We all watch him confused as he talks about being on the front line. "You know what your problem is. Your balance is off, you need a fourth squattie" he tells us and we all instantly say we're fine. Dinkley tries to convince us that we need him but we just turn him down repeatedly. He then changes his voice, "You sound different" Deck says. "That's not your voice" I add. "Use your regular voice" Hobbs tells him. "This is my regular voice" Dinkley says. We try and shut him up, "I can complete this holy quadrinity" he tells us. "Four would be too much" Hobbs says.

After Dinkley gave us his card with all his details, he leaves us alone. I sigh once he sits back down and Deck looks at me. We look at each other before we start laughing quietly. "Aw aren't you guys cute" Hobbs teases. "Don't ruin the moment Luke" I state. I lean my head back on Deck's shoulder and Deck holds my hand while we relax for the rest of the flight.

Deck pulls up in front of a very big mansion. "Ah, your friends a Russian mobster" Hobbs says as we get out of the car. "This girl steals from Russian mobsters, actually she steals from everybody" Deck replies. We reach the door and Deck walks towards her. "Deckard" she greets. "Margarita" Deck answers before they share a long and intimate kiss. I stare at them shocked with Hobbs and Hattie beside me. Hattie looks at me and I shrug my shoulders shocked. "I did not see that coming" she says. "I wish I didn't see that at all" Hobbs replies. "Me too" I say as I walk after Deck. "What was that?" I whisper as we walk through the mansion. "Sorry, it's best not to argue with her" he replies and I give him an unimpressed look. "Sorry, I love you and only you" he assures me with a kiss on my cheek.

We enter a room with Margarita where she brings up a map of Eteon's facility. We list everything we know about the facility and realise this will be harder than we had expected. "We have to pull A Mick Jagger" Hattie says. "We're not getting you on the inside" Deck tells her. "Come on, explain the plan. I love hearing these" I beg and Hattie smiles at me and then at Hobbs. "When Deck and I were kids, we'd spend our time coming up with these grifts. A Mick Jagger was a job that required one person to showboat, draw all the eyes while the others made the music. A typical inside job" she explains and it makes me smile thinking about how close they were as kids. "Guys, you heard Andreiko. They have to use the extraction machine, so they'll take me straight to it. I can do it" she convinces us. "So the only question now is how to ring Eteon's dinner bell" Deck sighs. "Oh I can handle that" Margarita says. "But first lets get you geared up" she adds before handing us all the things we'll need.

While I change in another room Deck enters. I zip up my jacket as he walks towards me. "Are you mad at me?" he asks as he rests his hands on my hips. "No" I sigh, knowing I won't be able to lie to him. Even if I did he'd know I was lying. He smiles at me and leans in to kiss me. I lean back, "But a warning would've been nice" I add. He chuckles and nods, "Sorry" he says. "It's ok" I reply and move my hands to his shoulders. "I meant what I said" he says and I give him a slightly confused look. "I love you and only you" he repeats. I smile at him, "I love you too" I reply and kiss him. He pulls me into him as we kiss and we pull apart. "Promise to be careful" he asks. "Only if you are too" I reply.