13: The Hack

I get into Brian's car after changing into black jeans, a white top and a green vest to hold my gun and ammo. "You ready for this?" he asks me and Ramsey, who's sitting in the front seat. "Ye" I answer after a deep breath and Ramsey replies with an unsure "Ye" as well. "Break on my mark" Brian says into the radio and counts down before Letty and Roman pull down different streets while we continue straight on. Ramsey initiates the hack on her small laptop as we drive through traffic. "I think we lost the chopper" Ramsey says as she looks behind us and I hear cars beeping their horns around us. "I think we got bigger problems than that" I say as I look at the drone in front of us. "Oh my god" Ramsey mutters in disbelief, I think we might've underestimated these men and their resources. Brian presses a button that lowers the car a few inches and Ramsey looks at him sceptically. "What are you doing?" she asks worried. "Going old school" he answers before driving underneath the lorry beside us and comes out the side of it. We see a car coming towards us and he pulls back under the lorry.

We remain under it as the drone attempts to shoot us and causes the pipes on the lorry to come lose and cause chaos on the road. We continue racing through the streets as the drone follows us until we turn a corner. "It's coming back around" Ramsey states, worry evident in her voice. Suddenly, Brian notices the missile heading straight towards us and the police cars. He swerves and we just about avoid it as the police car is blown up. Brian calls for Roman's help through the radio and Roman tells us he's on his way. "Meet me on third in Spring" Brian commands and Roman replies "Copy that". we continue to race towards our meeting point with Roman. "Grab your computer get through the window now" Brian orders Ramsey quickly. "What! Why?" she asks clearly scared. "Just do it now" both Brian and I reply at the same time.

We reach third in Spring just as the drone sends another missile our way. Brian and Roman drift so that our cars almost touch and Ramsey climbs out her window and into Roman's open passenger window within seconds. "Jump now!" Brian yells once he gets the car straight. We both jump out and we role across the floor as the missile hits the car and sends it up in flames. We eventually come to a stop and I have to clutch my side in pain due to my bruise from Abu Dhabi. "You good?" Brian asks as he stands up and comes towards me. "I'm ok" I answer as I let out a breath and get to my feet with his help. We then run off so the drone doesn't notice we survived.

"Brian, Danielle they took out the tower. If you can get to the top of any of the towers and restart the signal, we can finish the hack" Tej tells us through the radio. I nod at Brian as we start running towards one of the towers. "We're on it" he replies into his radio. We make our way towards the closest tower and begin making our way up. Luckily, I'm so busy I haven't even thought about Dom and Deck. "Where are we heading Tej?" Brian asks once we're inside the building an Tej gives us directions and urges us to hurry. Suddenly, shots are fired at us and Brian and I duck behind a wall to take cover.

It's dead silent before Brian and I quickly role past the men and under a slide door. I shoot the control panel causing it to close the door completely. "Let's go" I say to Brian and run towards the staircase and start running all the way up. I bust the door open and point my gun forward to shoot anyone in my way when it's kicked out of my hand. I look at the man and realise it's the man from the bus, the one who kicked me off of it. I block his kick and hit him while Brian tries to hit him too. The man suddenly throws me backwards and into Brian. We hit the door hard before he jumps at me and the door goes sliding down the staircase we just climbed. The door catches on a wall causing us to stop and be thrown from it and to the bottom of one of the stairs. Brian is on his feet almost instantly and is fighting the man again while I breathe through the pain in my side.

When I find Brian, he's already dealt with the man and I help him up and we run back to the roof. "I'm at the repeater" he says into his radio. "Plug it into your phone and Ramsey will be back online" Tej replies and Brian plugs his phone and tells Ramsey to continue the hack. I look out at another building and catch sight of 2 cars parked on the top level of a parking garage. I walk to the edge of the roof to get a better view and realise it's Dom and Deck's cars and they're fighting each other with metal poles. I take in a quick breath, worried about them both. Brian comes up beside and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Danielle, we gotta go" he says quietly. I nod my head and turn away as not to see anymore of Dom and Deck's fight.

We run back down the staircase and out to find the cars and bike of all the men who attacked us. Brian runs towards a large car while I look at the bike and make my way towards it. As he gets into the car he notices me getting on the bike. "What are you doing?" he asks as he looks at me confused. I smile at him and answer "Fighting for what I love". He smiles at me and gets into the car and we both drive away.