15: Goodbye For Now

The next day, I've got a bag packed of my few belongings. A flight booked to London this afternoon after I say goodbye to everyone. I exchange hugs with everyone including Mia and Jack. I reach Brian and he whispers "He's alive" in my ear. I look at him and smile "Thank you" I whisper back. I asked him to find out if Deck was alive because I knew I could trust him to find out and tell me the truth. I walk to Dom and hug him, "I'm sorry" he says sincerely. "Me too" I reply. "Before you go to the airport, I need you to do something for me" he says, partly asking. "What's up?" I ask. "Go see Hobbs" he says simply. I furrow my brows at him in confusion and he just chuckles at my confusion. "I asked him for a favour, just go see him before you leave. Please" He adds with a smile. "Ok" I answer with a laugh. I hug him one more time before walking to my bike and getting on. I look at everyone one more time, "We're just a phone call away" Brian says. "So am I" I smile and ride away.

I call Hobbs and ask if I can see him, that Dom told me to come see him and he told me to meet him at the station. I meet him there and he drives me to a prison and I'm more confused by the second. "What's going on Hobbs?" I ask as we walk down a hallway. "You'll see" he replies which frustrates me. We stop in front of a cell door and he walks to the keypad. "I can only give you 5 minutes" he says as he punches in the code. "I'm still confused" I reply. The door opens and I see Deck with hand cuffs connecting his wrists and connects to his ankles. I gasp in shock and look at Hobbs in disbelief. He gestures for me to enter and I smile before running in and wrapping my arms around Deck. He almost topples backwards as I crash into him. The tears begin to fall as I hug him tightly. "I'm so glad you're alive" I say into his shoulder. I pull back and cup his face as he smiles at me. I look down at his cuffs and turn to look at Hobbs with pleading eyes.

He sighs in defeat and enters to remove Deck's cuffs. "I'm only removing these for her and under the condition you don't try to escape" he says sternly to Deck. He looks at me and I silently beg him to agree. He looks back at Hobbs and nods in agreement and I smile at him. His cuffs are removed and he instantly wraps his arms around my waist and lifts my feet off the floor. I laugh into his shoulder as he holds me tight. He lowers me to the floor and we pull apart but don't let go of each other. He cups my face and pulls me into a long and passionate kiss. We pull apart and I look into his eyes as he does the same to me. "I'm sorry. I tried-" I start with tears filling my eyes but Deck interrupts me. "No, you have nothing to be sorry for. I should be apologising, I caused this. I got you stuck in the middle, you went against your family" he says and looks down ashamed. I cup his face and lift his head so he looks at me. "It's ok, I'm on good terms with my family. Who do you think put this meeting together? It wasn't me, it was Dom" I say with a smile. He looks at me shocked and confused, "Why?" he asks. I shrug my shoulders, "I guess he saw how much I love you" I answer and peck his lips again. He hugs me tightly once more, "I'm moving to London" I mutter into his shoulder. "What? You don't want to stay with your family" he asks surprised. I shake my head, "London is where I met you. It's where I fell in love with you" I reply with a smile.

"Danielle" Hobbs says, signalling that our time is up. I nod to him and turn to Deck once more and my eyes fill with tears. "Hey, it's ok" Deck says as he pulls me into one more hug and kisses my cheek. "I'm glad I got to see you one more time" he whispers. "Me too" I answer. We pull apart and Hobbs enters to put his cuffs back on. I kiss his cheek while Hobbs puts the cuffs on. "I love you" Deck says before Hobbs and I start walking out. "I love you too" I say and kiss his lips one more time as I feel my eyes fill with tears but I force myself not to cry. "Hobbs" Deck says as Hobbs begins to punch in the code to close the door. "Give her my bag of belongings" he orders making me smile in appreciation. Hobbs nod and finishes the code. I watch the door close and pray that I won't have to wait long to see him.

Hobbs passes me a bag of Deck's belongings which included his clothes, his keys, wallet and coat. I take it with a smile and thank Hobbs for letting me see him. "I really appreciate it" I say. He smiles back, "He must really love you if he agreed not to escape when I removed those cuffs" he says with a laugh. "Ye" I laugh. "When he started this, he didn't think I would be involved. I don't think any of this went the way he had planned" I add. "Take care Danielle" Hobbs says and pats my shoulder before I walk out the door.

I open the bag of belongings while I stand by my bike, as I rummage through it I find a loose piece of paper. I open it to see my name;

Dani,

The fact that you're reading this means I'm in prison. I'm sorry, I never wanted to get you caught in the middle and I wish I could change that. I hope everything works out with you and your family. If you have this letter then you should have my keys as well, they include the key to my London apartment that you're more than welcome to live in if you'd like. You don't have to pay the bills, that's all taken care of.

Good luck Dani, stay safe. I love you.

Deck x