6: Ramsey

We all sit in the cars in the plane, waiting for our queue. I sit in Brian's passenger seat and listen to Roman freak out over the radio. "Listen man, it takes a grown man to embrace his feelings. If you need to cry just go ahead and cry" Tej says over the radio, making Brian and I smile at each other. "As your friend, you know I'm concerned about your well-being which is why I put some adult diapers in your glove compartment" he continues, causing me to laugh out loud. I've missed this. "Yo can you just chill out man" Roman answers in annoyance. Mr Nobody intercepts, telling us how crazy we are and that we should keep it low key. "Don't I always" Dom replies with a smile. The plane's cargo hold opens, signalling that our plan is about to begin. "Roman, do you need some fresh air because you're about to get a whole lot of it" Tej jokes once more. "Ok here we go" Dom says before reversing out of the plane. "Just when you didn't think it could get any better huh" Brian says before following Dom out as I take a deep breath. We fall through the air and I relax as best I can during these insane moments. "Everybody ok? Everybody make it out?" I ask into the small radio attached to my jacket. "Rome, what's up man? Talk to me" Brian asks and argues with Roman over the radio. "Tej" Dom says, telling Tej to get Roman out here. Roman's shoot is opened and he's dragged out of the plane, screaming.

Brian prepares to pull our shoot as we near the ground. He presses the button and our car comes to a stop and we float to the ground before detaching from our shoot and landing with a thud. Brian drives onto the road and follows Dom down the road to the motorcade holding Ramsey. "Car check, call it" Dom commands and Tej and Letty respond with "Check" and Brian looks at me and I nod. "We're good let's do this" he answers for us both. We continue down the road as Roman begs for help. "Sit tight Roman, we'll come back for you" Dom responds, his focus on getting Ramsey. I know Roman can take care of himself, he'll be fine. We round the corner to find a bus surrounded by vehicles. "Ramsey will be in the bus" Brian states into the radio. "Then let's do this" Letty responds determined. I take a deep breath, remembering my role in the plan. The vehicles notice us and get into a formation to protect the bus. Guns are aimed at our vehicles and Dom swerves to the side and the bullets begin hitting our windscreen. I flinch before Brian swerves to the opposite side as Dom to avoid the gun fire. "Tej, shield" Dom calls through the radio. "I'm on the way" he replies before driving in front of me and Brian and then Dom. His bullet proof vehicle becoming a shield for the rest of us.

We all line up behind Tej and we all drive into each other to push Tej's vehicle into the cars protecting the bus. Both Brian and Tej pull up beside the bus and I shoot the side of it with a gun to help separate the back of the bus from the rest of it. Just as I pull the gun back into the car canons come out the side of the bus and are aimed at us. "Get out of the way!" Brian yells as he swerves to the left. "Those are canons. Armour piercing rounds!" Tej shouts into his radio, telling us his vehicle's shielding armour won't be effective against the bus. We pull behind the bus, beside Tej once we avoid the canons' gun fire. Dom and Letty fire hooks into the back of the bus before Dom tells us to blow it. I look at Brian before pressing the button and small explosions erupt where Tej and I shot the bus. Dom and Letty slow their vehicles down and end up pulling the back of the bus off which hits a car behind us and causes them to crash.

"Brian, Danielle. You're up" Dom says through the radio and Brian and I push the windshield out and off the car before climbing onto the hood. Tej pushes our car forward and I try to keep my balance. "A little closer Tej" Brian yells into his radio and Tej speeds up and pushes our car closer to the bus before Brian and I jump into the bus. He pushes a guy to the ground as I run forward to take out another. After a couple punches back and forth I manage to knock the guy unconscious as Brian throws his guy off the bus and I see Dom and Letty avoid him. We both run towards the next guys and I kick one in the chest sending him backwards as Brian pulls a door to hit another in the face. Brian pulls me behind him as he uses a guy as a shield against other men's bullets. He shoots the men before shooting the lock on the cage Ramsey was being held in. He opens it and pulls the bag off of Ramsey's head. The woman with mascara running down her face instantly gets scared. "Ramsey?" I ask calmly. "Stay away from me! Get back! Don't you touch me!" she shouts at us, clearly scared and defensive. "Ramsey, my name is Brian and this is Danielle. I'm gonna get you out of here but I'm gonna need you to settle down" Brian says calmly as I pull a knife out of my pocket. "I'm gonna cut those things off you ok?" I say taking a small step towards her. She nods and I cut the zip ties around her wrists and help her up. Brian takes her hand and leads her to the back of the bus as I follow. I prepare myself for the next steps of our plan and keep myself calm and focused but I have a gut feeling this wasn't gonna end how we want it to.