14: Fight For What You Love

I ride towards the parking garage I saw Dom and Deck fighting on and pray that I'll get there fast enough. I reach the garage and ride up every floor as fast as I can. I finally reach the top and both Dom and Deck look at me as they stand facing each other with anger all over their faces. I ride forward and then stop the bike and get off quickly. "Stop it please!" I shout as I stand between them and look at Dom pleadingly as I slowly walk towards him. Before any of us can say anything else, the chopper sends a missile to the garage and the entire building shakes. Deck falls to the ground and Dom grabs my arm to keep us both steady and on our feet. Deck gets to his feet and the floor around him shakes and cracks, I look at him worriedly. "Deck" I say and he looks up at me. "The thing about street fights, the street always wins" Dom states as he steps in front of me. Deck looks up angrily and I look at him terrified. Dom lifts his foot and I run forward to stop him, "No!" I shout but he brings his foot down to the ground. The ground beneath Deck's feet collapses and he falls through. "Deck!" I yell with worry as I run forward but Dom wraps his arms around my waist to stop me from stepping into the hole in the ground.

We watch as Deck falls down each floor as the ground continues to collapse. "Deck!" I yell over and over as the emotions build within me and I finally let them fall. The tears stream down my face and I fall to the ground once Dom lets me go. I sob on the floor, looking down at the hole Deck just fell through and all I could do was watch. I failed. I failed to protect him. I failed to stop Dom. I failed to fight for what I love. I failed to fight for Deck. While I sit sobbing, Dom turns to look at the chopper behind us and is ready to take the hit until Hobbs begins shooting at the chopper. "Danielle, we've got to go" Dom yells as he runs over to me. He tries to help me up but I push him away and get up myself. I just stare at him before I run to the bike and get back on it and ride off. I need to get out of here before the whole thing collapses.

The chopper keeps firing missiles at the garage as I ride out of it, luckily I'm ahead of Dom so I find an exit before it closes off because of debris. I get out and ride around to the front of the building where Brian has just parked up a car and he looks at my tear stained face and gives me a look of sympathy. Roman and Tej get out of the car and we all look up at the garage as it collapses with the chopper hovering above it. We then see Dom's car drive out of the garage and up towards the chopper, his car scrapes the bottom of the chopper and his car hits what's left of the garage and tumbles to the bottom. We all rush forward to help get him out.

Hobbs fires at the bag of grenades that Dom must've hooked onto the chopper before he reaches Dom. He moves debris from the car and then him and Brian drag an unconscious Dom from his car. Letty rushes forward worriedly and then Brian starts chest compression and tells Letty what to do to help. We all stand around and watch as Brian shouts at Dom to breathe. I feel the tears build up again and I realise I could've just lost the two most important people in my life within a few minutes of each other. Letty shouts at Brian to stop and leave Dom alone. Brian walks back down to stand with the rest of us as Letty talks to Dom.

"Baby, I know you're hurting right now but I want you to listen. Focus on me" she says as she wraps his necklace around both of their hands. "I remember everything. It came to me like a flood and I remember that night at the Dominican Republic, the night we got married. If you die, I die and I'm not ready to leave this place yet. This moment is still ours. I remember everything, I remember it all" she says to him in between tears and I feel the tears running down my face. "It's about time" Dom mutters making us all smile in relief. "Why didn't you tell me we were married?" Letty asks him. "Because you can't tell someone they love you" he replies with a smile and Letty kisses his cheek. It makes me smile to see him alive and them happy but I think of Deck. I don't even know if he's alive.

I smile at them one more time before turning around and walking away. Brian runs up beside me and stops me. I look up at him, waiting for him to say what he wants to say. "You gonna be ok?" he asks me and I sigh. "I don't know" I answer and turn to look at the collapsed parking garage. "I don't even know if he's alive" I say as tears fill my eyes again. He looks at me sympathetically and wraps his arms around my waist to hug me. I wrap my arms around his neck and silently let the tears fall from my eyes. He rubs circles onto my back as my tears soak his shirt shoulder. I think about Deck and what I would do next if things had worked out the way I wish they had.

Deck and I would be back in London, spending all day, everyday together. The closest thing I'm going to get to that is living in London so that's what I'm going to do. "I'm going to move to London" I say as I pull away from the hug. "Are you sure?" he asks. "Ye, it's where I met him. It's where I fell in love with him" I reply with a smile and he smiles back.