4: Mr Nobody

Dom walks up to Han's casket and places a picture of Giselle there as he says a few words for Han. Brian, Tej, Roman and I are stood in the back. "I can't do no more funeral" Roman says. "First Han. Now Hobbs is layed up of all people, we're being hunted" Tej adds and I notice a grey car that I know is Deck, driving through the cemetery and I notice Dom eyeing the car as well. "You know he's out there somewhere watching right?" Tej mentions as I continue to watch the grey car "I hope so, it means he's close" Brian answers. "Just promise me this Brian. No more funerals" Roman asks, pleadingly. "Just one more" Brian answers before adding "His". I stand in silence, knowing it's better for my sake and Deck's if I stay quiet, even though all I want to do is defend him. I see Dom make his way to his car and I know what he's about to do. Both Deck and Dom race out of the cemetery and I rush to my bike and race after them.

I pull out of the cemetery and see Dom's car speeding through the traffic. I ride after him and catch him driving into a secluded tunnel. Once I get inside I see that both of their cars have smashed into each other, I pull to a stop and they both watch me as I pull my helmet off and get off my bike. They're both stood outside their cars, Dom with a hammer and Deck seemingly helpless but I know him better than that. I stand there, not knowing what to do. I eventually decide to slowly walk past Dom and I'm stood in between them "See you and me, we're from different worlds. Trust me, I've seen a lot meaner streets than the ones you're used to" Deck says to Dom as they both look back at each other. "Stick around, it's about to get a lot meaner" Dom replies before Deck pulls a gun out at him. I quickly jump between them. "You thought this was gonna be a street fight?" Deck questions him. "Deck, please don't do this" I plead as he points the gun over my shoulder and towards Dom. Suddenly, gun fire rings out inside the tunnel and men begin coming down a rope from the roof. Deck wraps his arm around me and pulls me behind his car as he fires at the men. I lean against his car and keep my head down before Deck kneels in front of me quickly. "You ok?" he asks worriedly as he cups my cheek. I nod quickly. "Deck" I say as I grab his hand. "I'm sorry, I love you" he says as he kisses my lips and runs out the tunnel.

Once the gun fire stops the men are on the ground and are pointing their guns at me and Dom. "Get on the ground" they command but neither of us move. Dom looks at them all confused and then at me but I just shrug my shoulders. He hits one man with the hammer and gets another in a headlock. Men begin shouting at him to let the man go but Dom just looks at them. "Woah, easy guys" a man in a suit says calmly. "We're on the same team here" he states calmly. "Mr Toretto, I'm here on the recommendation of a mutual friend of ours, Mr Hobbs" he explains. "Who the hell are you?" I ask, making my way to stand beside Dom. "Me? I'm just a guy. I'm Mr Nobody" Mr Nobody answers. "That's a big entrance for a nobody. And the guy who put our mutual friend in the hospital, you just let get away" Dom interjects. Mr Nobody further argues that he just saved us, well Dom. I didn't need saving because Deck wouldn't hurt me. He convinces Dom to let his guy go and Dom does, letting the man collapse to the floor gasping for air. "Listen Dom, there's a war going on between ghosts like me. And you and your friends have walked into the middle of it, so I suggest you follow me" he explains before beginning to walk away. "It's up to you. Oh and by the way, I can get you Deckard Shaw" he adds, knowing that'll convince Dom easily.

We reach Mr Nobody's base of operations where they have multiples cars and machinery. Dom and Mr Nobody talk about beers and then begin walking through the base where I join them. "Look, Shaw's power is that he's a shadow, he's very good at getting in and out of places without being seen and leaving but a body count in his wake" he explains and I try and ignore the gaze Dom casts me as Nobody talks. "I mean he's a legitimate English badass. But to be honest with you Dom, I don't care about Deckard Shaw. It's you I want. Because you and I can help each other get what we both need" he continues and Dom looks at me. "I'm listening" he answers.

Nobody takes us to one of his operation rooms with screens and a long table. He explains the situation with Mose Jakandae and him kidnapping a hacker known as Ramsey who invented the God's Eye that can hunt anyone down within hours from anywhere on the planet. Dom argues that he can wait for Deck to come to him instead of helping Nobody. "How's that working out so far? You got one friend in the ground, another in the hospital" Nobody argues and Dom seems to be intrigued by what Nobody is saying. I don't like the sound of it, he wants to help Dom find and kill Deck which I am clearly not on board with. "You wanna know how to kill a shadow, you just shine a little light on it" Nobody says, clearly trying to convince Dom. I definitely don't like the sound of this. "There's no place Shaw can hide from you. And more importantly, you and your family don't go to any more funerals" he adds, I look at Dom and he is clearly interested. "You get Ramsey, you get the God's Eye. You get Shaw" he finishes. Dom thinks for a few moments before agreeing to Mr Nobody's proposal.