16: Berlin

It's been over a year since Deck was sent to prison and I moved into his London apartment. I haven't changed much about it, I didn't want to. It's still his place not mine, I don't want to change his home. I haven't dated anyone, I don't want to. I still love Deck and that won't change. I will wait for him. I've spoken to Dom a couple of times over the past year, him and Letty are on their honeymoon. I've spoken to Brian too, him and Mia have a beautiful baby girl, Olivia.

I relax on the sofa in front of the tv when my phone rings, I look at it to see Dom's name on the screen. I answer the call with a "Hey" and a smile. "Hey, Hobbs wants our help in Berlin. Can you meet us there?" he asks. I'm curious as to why he gets straight to business, he almost never does that. "Ye, I'll get the next flight out" I answer. "I'll see you there" he says before ending the call. I frown at my phone slightly but just assume he's in a rush to get us all to Berlin. I pull out my laptop and book a ticket for the next flight to Berlin and pack a small bag before leaving for the airport.

We all drive out of the building to see the city up in flames. "You were only supposed to create a diversion Roman" Letty says. "That was a diversion" Roman replies. "How many of the damn explosives did you use?" Tej asks, expecting him to say a fraction. "I don't know. All of it" Roman says, quieter than usual. "Wait, all of it" Tej replies in shock. "Roman, Jesus" Hobbs says but I'm honestly not surprised by Roman. We then see more police ahead and we make a turn to avoid them, they all follow us and Roman begins complaining, again.

"Phase 2" Dom orders. "Phase 2? So you just gonna keep that to yourself? What happened to phase 1?" Roman replies dramatically and I roll my eyes. "Ye remember the aeroplane? Everyone drove their cars out but you?" Tej asks, winding Roman up and I smile at them. "I told you my engine seized up" Roman replies with the same excuse he's been using since the day it happened. "It's your balls that seized up" I state with a laugh. "Just follow my lead ok? And Roman whatever you do, don't think" Tej says and I smile, imagining Roman's reaction to our next step in the plan. "Tej drop it" Dom orders and Tej drops the bulldozer. "Split now" Dom says and we all swerve to the left or right, allowing the bulldozer to pass by us. It crashes into the vehicles chasing us but leaves a few behind. "Great plan Tej but just so you know, you missed some" Roman says sarcastically. "Oh just wait for it" Tej replies and I look in my wind mirror to see the bulldozer coming back and knocking the remaining vehicles from behind. Tej teases Roman a little more before we break off to meet at the safe house.

We drive a few minutes when Hobbs tells us Dom just took the EMP. "What?" Letty responds in disbelief and everyone else questions Hobbs. "Where are you?" I ask, I can't leave him behind. "It's too late for me, get out of here. I saw that look in his eye, I've seen that look before. Dominic Toretto just went rogue" he says and we're all silent as Hobbs goes silent and we lose connection with him.

We reach the safe house and we all start trying to figure out what is going on. "Are you ok?" I ask Letty and she just nods her head silently. I give her shoulder a squeeze and sit with Tej, Roman and Ramsey. We discover that Dom has been having encrypted conversations with an unknown person. Ramsey suggests that Hobbs was right, "Dom did go rogue" she says. Letty gets frustrated and storms towards Ramsey. "Before you judge the man, remember you're breathing right now because he saved your life" she says to Ramsey before barging past her. We all remain silent as we try and figure out what to do.

Deck's POV

I stand in my small cell and notice guards escorting a new prisoner in and when I see who it is I can't help but smile. "Well, well, well, Luke Hobbs behind bars. Would you look at that" I say with a grin as he walks in front of my cell. "The bent cop got his day" I add. He stares at me before walking into his cell opposite mine. "You know that colour looks good on you" I say pointing at his orange jumpsuit. "Ye, it'd look a hell of a lot better with your blood on it" he answers confidently. "Good luck with that Hercules. Law man gone bad, such a cliché. Welcome to the club" I say as I turn around. "I wouldn't get that twisted son, we ain't in no club. We've got nothing in common and unlike you I ain't gonna be here long" he answers. "Bring a shovel did you? 38 feet of steel and concrete, or so I've been told" I laugh as he stares at me unimpressed. "Better get to digging" I say before walking away and ignore him.

Later on I decide to start up another conversation with Hobbs. "How's Dani?" I ask as I move to stand in front of the glass again. "She's good" he answers simply although I was hoping for a more detailed answer. "Come on Hobbs, don't wanna play nice for Dani again" I ask sarcastically. "What I did was for her because she loves you. I have no idea why but it for sure wasn't for you" he yells back at me. "Believe me I know that" I shout back at him. "I just wanna know how's she doing" I add. He sighs before answering "She misses you but she's ok". I nod at him, grateful for the information. "I miss her too" I mutter.