12: Truth

My vision and hearing becomes clearer as we get further from the warehouse. I hear Mr Nobody and Dom talking faintly while I try and focus my senses. "Hey, we've got to get you to a hospital" Brian says slightly panicked. "No, you're not. I carry my own health insurance" he answers and continues to explain that we have to leave him. Dom eventually agrees and Brian pulls over. We all get out, Brian and I watching our surroundings while Dom helps Nobody to a post to lean on. "Are you ok?" Brian asks me and I nod at him with a smile. "I'm ok" he answer. "Thank you, for pushing me out of the way" he replies and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Of course, I won't let you get hurt Bri" I answer and pull him into a hug.

We all get back in the car and continue back to the others. Brian and Dom in the front seats and me in the back. "A war is coming to us whether we like it or not. If a war is coming, we're gonna face them on the streets we know best" Dom says as he looks at Brian determined. Brian looks back at me, unsure what to do or say. "Are you gonna help us?" Dom asks as he turns around to look at me. I'm slightly surprised that he trusts me enough to let me help. I hesitate slightly, unsure of what to say. "I can help you protect Ramsey but I can't drive" I state simply and Dom furrows his brows in confusion. "I know that while everyone else is protecting Ramsey, you'll be out there somewhere trying to kill Deck. I can't concentrate when I know that, if I can help without having to drive then I'm in" I explain looking at him pleadingly. He looks at me before looking at Brian who gives a nod. "Who is he to you?" Dom asks, he's clearly picked up on a few details. I look down and then at Brian. "Danielle" Dom warns me, raising his voice. "Dom" Brian interjects, trying to defend me and calm Dom down. "You love him don't you?" he asks with disappointment clear in his voice. I take a deep breath before answering "Ye". He turns to look at the road ahead of us.

The car ride was rather quiet the rest of the way, Dom was clearly mad but I think he already knew that I love Deck, he just didn't want to admit it. Once we arrive at the garage we all get out of the car, I begin walking into the garage beside Brian until Dom calls my name. I look at Brian and he nods and gives my hand a squeeze before continuing into the garage. I walk towards Dom, waiting for him to yell at me. "You know that I won't stop because you love him" he says, calmer than I had expected. "I know, I'm sorry Dom. This isn't how I imagined falling in love and telling you or anyone else but everything between me and Deck happened before you called me for help" I explain, praying he'll understand. He pulls me into a hug, shocking me but I still wrap my arms around his torso and rest my head against his chest. "You can stay with Brian, he clearly already knows everything" he says as he begins walking into the garage. "Dom" I call and he turns around, "I'm sorry" I say. He gives me a small smile "Me too".

My new phone, that I had to buy thanks to Dom destroying my previous one, beeps in my pocket. I take it out and see a message from Deck, 'Are you hurt? Are you safe?' he asks, I smile at the message and text back 'I'm ok and I'm safe. Don't worry, just take care of yourself'. As I begin walking back into the garage he texts me back 'Ok, I love you Dani' and I know he's trying to subtly say goodbye because we don't know what's gonna happen next. 'I love you too Deck' I reply before entering a room with everyone else.

We all stand, looking out at the LA streets that we're planning on protecting Ramsey on. And Dom is planning on killing Deck which I try not to think about. "I'm all for winging it but this is crazy man. We got mercenaries with some real heat on us. I mean I ain't scared or nothing but I don't even have a gun" Roman says, breaking the peaceful silence I was enjoying. "Gun? We got a whole city" Dom replies gesturing to the amazing view in front of us. "If they use Gods Eye it'll tap into cameras around the city and track our location, which means we could plant a virus" Tej adds, already thinking about how to survive this crazy battle. "So you're talking about hacking my hacking device? That's brilliant" Ramsey replies with a smile "Ye but there's one problem; signal strength. We can't start a hack on them unless they're within a 2 mile range" Tej explains causing me to feel anxious. "That's really close" I state unsure. "Close? If we're within 2 miles of these guys we're already dead" Roman answers, panic clearly growing within him. "I don't know about y'all but I wasn't really planning on dying today" he adds while looking at his watch for dramatic effect which makes me chuckle. "Only one way to stay alive; we play keep away with Ramsey" Brian suggests and Ramsey questions "What?". "They can't hit us if we keep moving" I explain to her with a smile. "And I'll take Shaw" Dom says as he walks to the fence in front of us. I take a deep breath and ignore his statement as best I can.

Everyone else begins talking about our idea and calls Ramsey the potato of a 'hot potato' game. Letty goes to talk with Dom and I only wish I can do the same with Deck. I know that he's assuring her he'll be ok and he'll come back and I wish to hear that from Deck.