18: Meeting Cipher

While everyone gathers outside the conference room for Tej and Ramsey to use the computer, Deck and I stay in the conference room. I smile at him and he pulls me towards him. "I've missed you" I say. "I've missed you too" he replies and leans in to kiss me. I kiss him back instantly and wrap my arms around his neck as his go around my waist. When we pull apart, we just look at each other. "I'm so glad you're here" I say as he cups my face. "Me too" he replies as I put my hands on top of his. He pecks my lips and then his phone rings. I smile at him and walk out of the room to give him privacy and to see what progress Ramsey and Tej have had.

"Watch these 2" Nobody says to his agent as Tej and Ramsey begin discovering a way to find Dom. "I'm telling you, they got skills" Nobody adds once they discover what they need to do. "That's what I was saying, you remember? In there" Roman starts and I just look at him with my eyebrows raised as I stand on the steps. Both Tej and Ramsey start typing away on their keyboards and locations begin disappearing from the globe on the screen. "It's working" Ramsey states. Hobbs tells Nobody's agent to prepare a team to get Dom with us. Once he's done giving the order he looks to Hobbs and Nobody for approval. Nobody gives an ok while Hobbs shakes his hand a little, making me chuckle a little. Roman then aggravates and teases him before he says "Get away from me". We all look back to the screen to see one dot hasn't disappeared, meaning that's where Dom is. "This is interesting" Nobody says. "Why?" the agent asks. "Because that's here" he says before an explosion goes off.

We all fall to the floor now covered in shattered glass. I manage to get to my feet and I try and focus my vision and hearing. Suddenly, Deck pulls me to the ground to avoid a grenade and another explosion causes a large chunk of metal to land on Deck. The grenades cause an agonising pain in my head and my ears are ringing. Cipher enters the room and I faintly hear her talking to Deck and then puts pressure on the metal. He winces in pain and I manage to grab his hand to try and assure him it's ok. She points her gun at him and says "You chose the losing team" before walking away. Dom looks at me and I silently beg him to stop this and help us but he just follows Cipher and shoots the still standing glass walls. Everyone remains on the floor with their hands to their heads as Cipher takes Gods Eye.

Once they leave and the pain in my head dies down a little I climb to my knees. "Hang on" I say to Deck as he tries to push the metal off himself. I try and lift it enough for him to get out but it's far too heavy. I look around at everyone else and see Hobbs getting to his feet and then helping Letty up. "Hobbs, give me a hand" I ask and he looks at me and then at Deck. He walks over and lifts the metal and Deck crawls out while I help him. "Ok" I say once he's out and Hobbs drops the metal back to the floor. "Thank you" I say and he nods before going to help someone else. "You ok?" I ask Deck while he just lies on the floor. "Ye, are you?" he replies and sits up to see me better. "I'm ok, thank you. For pushing me out the way" I answer. He smiles back, "Of course" he says before standing and then pulling me to my feet. We lean on each other as we look at everyone else now on their feet with a look of defeat on their faces.

We all stand in the conference room, slowly processing everything. "That wasn't Dom" Letty says to Hobbs when he asks if she's ok. "I don't know what she's got on him but that wasn't him" she proceeds. "Brian would know what to do" Roman says. "No" I answer instantly from beside Deck. "We can't bring Brian and Mia into this, we agreed on that" I continue as I walk towards them. He nods slowly, "I know". We then sit and stand in silence as we wait for anyone to tell us what to do next. I take a deep breath as I think about Dom. Why would he do this? He would never turn his back on family. What has she done to him? My thoughts are interrupted by a hand touching my shoulder. I turn to see Deck looking at me sympathetically, I give him a weak smile as he gestures for a hug. I walk into him and wrap my arms around his waist and he wraps his around my shoulders. I rest my head on his shoulder while he rests a hand on the back of my neck. I take some deep breaths and try and stay as calm as possible without jumping to conclusions.

"Damn it, she wiped everything. Took Gods Eye. That was the one thing we could use to find her, we lost it all" Nobody's agent says in defeat after checking the system. I look at Deck standing beside me as he types on a computer. "What you got princess?" Hobbs asks him and I give him an unimpressed look. I'm not in the mood for anyone to pick on Deck right now. "Finding Toretto. I've got a couple minutes to spare if you want me to send you to the hospital. Again" Deck answer and I give him an unimpressed look too. Deck begins to walk forward but I put a hand in front of his chest to stop him and he does stop. "Yo Rules" Hobbs says to Nobody's agent. "First off, that's not my name" he replies, pointing a finger at him. "Little Nobody" Roman says and Little Nobody answers with "Don't call me that". Tej replies, "Oh that's definitely sticking" making me chuckle a little. "Great, do me a favour and tell your majesty over there that we're gonna find Toretto, we'll find him together and as a team. And when this is all over with, I'm happy to wipe that whisket biscuit right off his face" Hobbs says, referring to Deck. I roll my eyes, I can't be dealing with this right now. Ramsey begins to back Deck up and explains the process of Ghost Lights along with Tej and Nobody. Deck continues to type on his laptop and I watch from over his shoulder. "So you know where Dom is headed?" Letty asks. "Ye, New York" Deck answers.