37: Yes

After resting up in Hobbs' family home, we all got a flight back home. We said our goodbyes to Hobbs before we showed Hattie our guest room since her apartment is an absolute mess. She stays the night and then we all go to prison to see their mother again. I insisted that I shouldn't be there for such a sentimental moment but Deck and Hattie insisted I should be. Knowing I wouldn't win this argument against both the Shaw siblings, I agreed to join them.

We wait on the side of the glass when Queenie walks through the door and smiles with joy and brings her hands to her face at the sight in front of her. Both of her children visiting her together with me, I feel a little out of place but I smile at her when she smiles at me. She sits in front of us and Hattie picks up the phone. "I'm so happy your back" Queenie says as I hear her slightly through the gap in the glass. Hattie smiles back at her while Deck and I watch the loving exchange between mother and daughter. I push the homemade birthday cake through the gap in the glass. "We made that cake you wanted" Deck tells her. I lean towards Hattie and she moves the phone closer to me, "I wouldn't eat it" I add with a grin. Queenie smiles back at us, "Let's get out of here" she says. We all smile at her before we turn to the guards behind us. "How long have you been working here?" Hattie asks her signature question before we attack the guards and break Queenie out of prison.

Once we reach home we're all sitting on the large sofa in mine and Deck's living room with drinks either in our hands or on the table. I sit beside Deck, leaning into him with my feet up on the sofa with my knees bent. Deck's arm draped over my shoulders as he strokes my arm while we all chat together, with Deck and Hattie's childhood stories coming up and us all laughing. "Ok, Danielle and Deck I have to ask" Queenie says once the chatter and laughter dies down. "What's up?" I ask as Deck and I look at her. "When's the wedding? And kids? I want to be a grandma" she asks without any hesitation and I chuckle at her forwardness. "Careful mum, I don't want you to scare her off" Deck tells his mother a little ashamed by her forwardness. "Deck, nothing is gonna scare me off. I'm here to stay" I assure him with a kiss on the cheek while I rest my hand on his chest. He smiles back at me before answering his mother, "We haven't spoken about any of that yet mum" he says. "Well hurry up, how long have you been together?" she asks dramatically. "Uh, over 3 years now" I answer looking at Deck unsure and he nods at me with a smile. "Well do you want to get married and have kids?" Queenie asks us and Hattie chuckles at her persistence. "That's a discussion for me and Dani to have" Deck tells his mother and I smile at him.

After Hattie and Queenie leave, insisting that they stay in a hotel to give us our privacy. Although, Deck and I are well aware that they're leaving to allow Deck and I to talk. I enter the living room and collapse on the sofa beside Deck with a sigh. He wraps his arm around me and I move to lie my head in his lap. "So, do you wanna get married and have kids?" I ask looking up at him. "Do you?" he asks with a chuckle. "I know I wanna marry you but I don't know if our lifestyle is suitable to have kids" I answer while sitting up and turning to face him. "I wanna marry you too" he replies with a smile. "And kids?" I ask curiously. "I don't know, you've got a point" he answers with sigh. "How about we get married and we figure the rest out as we go along?" he suggests. I smile at him, "That's basically what we've been doing since we met" I answer with laugh. "Wait" I say quickly, raising my hand. "Did we just get engaged?" I ask with a smile. "No, this is us getting engaged" he says as he gets on the floor, on one knee and pulls out a velvet box. My hands fly to my mouth in disbelief.

"Dani, I love you and I don't want to lose you so I will do everything I can to protect you and keep you safe. Even though I know you can defend yourself. I would love for you to be my wife. Will you marry me?" he says and finally asks the golden question as the tears of joy fall down my face. I nod quickly and mutter a 'yes' through my tears. He smiles at me and I throw my arms around his shoulders, he falls backwards a little and catches himself on one arm with the other wrapped around my body. I pull back and cup his face before giving him a long and passionate kiss that he gladly returns. We pull apart and he slides the gorgeous ring onto my finger. He looks up at my smiling face and wipes the tears from my cheeks. I laugh at him and touch my forehead to his. "I love you too" I say and he smiles before kissing my lips tenderly.