26: Hattie

As we step out of the prison gates a man in a suit and sunglasses approaches us and introduces himself. "Whatever it is, we ain't buying it" Deck interrupts, knowing this man is CIA. "You don't know what I'm selling or who I am" he argues. "CIA" Deck and I say at once. "How did you-" the man asks shocked. "Sunglasses" Deck starts, pointing at his sunglasses. "Cloudy day" I finish, pointing to the sky. "Sensible shoes" we both say pointing at his shoes and walking towards our car. The agent starts defending his choice in shoes and his lack of choice in attire while Deck and I continue to the car. We open our doors when the agent says "I'm agent Loeb and I need to talk to you about our shared interest". Deck slams his door shut and demands "How'd you find us?". I close my door and watch their exchange. "I got a tip from an acquaintance of yours, Mr Nobody" he answers looking at us both. "Mr Nobody" Deck mutters as I chuckle. "Little joke for you Loeb. What do CIA operatives and baseballs have in common?" Deck asks Loeb, stepping towards him. "People cheer when you hit them with a bat" he answers with a smile. "They're 2 things he doesn't give a toss about" I answer and Deck smiles at me. "Yes" he says before he gets in the car and I do the same. As he is about to start the engine Loeb places a picture on the windscreen, we both look at it and share a look.

We get out and listen to what Loeb has to say about Hattie, Deck's sister. "The weapon she's stolen is not like anything we've ever seen" he says as Deck stares at the picture of his little sister in his hand. "It's a programmable disease that can target any DNA sequence with a 100% mortality rate inside 72 hours. If MI6 finds her, they're gonna treat her like a traitor. But if you help us find her and bring us the virus we'll grant her immunity" Loeb continues and I listen intently, worried about Hattie. He then tells us about a London black site they've set up and an asset they're bringing in from the states. "We don't need anyone" Deck says. "Maybe not, Mr Shaw. But she does" Loeb answers, nodding at the picture in Deck's hand. He looks at me and I give him a nod with a loving look. We agree to help and work with the asset from the states.

Later that day we're at the London black site when we enter the room to see Hobbs. Both Deck and Hobbs instantly refuse to work together. "Guys, come on" I try but Hobbs interrupts me. "Nah, I'm not working with this guy" he starts and then they both start arguing and insulting each other while I lean against the glass wall in between them. A CIA agent talks over the microphone, telling them to sit down and we'll figure something out. I see Hobbs grip the chair and I quickly stand straight and dive towards Deck while Hobbs launches the chair at the glass the agents are sat behind and I was just standing against. Deck says he's gonna do it his way, "If anyone's got a problem with that, I suggest you come out here and stop me" he says looking at the 2 men sat behind the glass. They exchange a small conversation and neither of them move. "Smart lads" Deck says before walking out. "Call me if you need any help" I say to Hobbs before walking behind Deck.

We arrive at Hattie's apartment and I carefully open the door to see a wire, rigged to pull the pin of a grenade when the door is opened. I close it and look at Deck, "We need another entrance" I say. He nods, understanding why and he takes my hand and we walk around to a sliding glass door. He picks the lock and we enter. We wander the apartment and I find a secret compartment of weapons in the kitchen and Deck finds a hidden computer on the end of the kitchen counter. As he types away, I check through her kitchen for anything that can tell us where Hattie is. We both hear someone behind us and remain still, "You want us to freeze?" Deck asks. "Let me see your hands" the man orders. "Fine. But you're not gonna like what's in them" Deck mutters and I know he has a shotgun and I slowly reach for a hand gun under the kitchen counter. We both pull them out at once and turn to shoot the men holding guns at us. More men come in and we fight them, I slam a man's head against the kitchen counter and he falls to the ground. I move onto the next guy and kick him through a window and over the balcony. I turn to see Deck straightening his suit when 2 men sneak up behind him. I realise as he turns around that he is unaware they're behind him. "Deck!" I shout and he just about avoids the man's hit. I attack the other man while Deck ends up in the bathroom. Once I'm done with the man I enter the bathroom to see Deck on the ground with a now deactivated grenade in his hands.

We go home for Deck to put some dry clothes on and get some sleep. "We can't do this alone Deck" I say as I collapse on our bed. "I know, this is worse than I thought it was" he replies. I look at him surprised, "Does that mean we're going back to Hobbs?" I ask in disbelief. He looks at me hesitant to answer. "We could use the help, you know that" I argue and he sighs and mutters a "Fine". I laugh at him and get comfortable. He gets into bed beside me and pulls my into his chest. "We'll go tomorrow" he says before I kiss him and we fall asleep.