Chapter 6: More planning & the truth?

Recap:

"BOMB?!"

"That is none of your business princess."

"You should tell the royal guards! You can't handle bombs alone." Rosalyn yelled. Causing the red head to snort. "Cale Henituse!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Who will listen to someone like me? I'm trash, aren't I?" he said with a smirk. "Don't worry, I won't hinder you. I will just do my part, then leave. No one needs to know."

"I will tell, Ron. I will tell my group." she threatened, but her threats mean nothing to me.

"Go ahead. They can't do anything to stop it." with that she left the room in a fury of a panic. Causing the red head to sigh and lock the room with a rune.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"... no nothing of those sort."

'Cale, you know you can ask for help right? Even Aster asked for a lot of help.' Abyss told him, but he ignored her words.

'there is no need... I will be enough.'

"let's take a walk and check out the areas." Cale told the children as he grabbed his cloak. Raon became invisible, while the children climbed into his arms, before they leaped from their balcony. Missing his room wall getting smashed open, by a certain punk. Followed by the father and son duo once again.

'they better pay for that...' but by then they left the manor compound, locating the bombs. Before going to shop for items for his siblings, after a day of shopping and eating anything the children wanted, until they got grabbed by a punk and dragged back to the manor. "May I help you or are you going to constantly drag me like a rag doll?"

"What do you mean bomb? There will be a bombing? How do you know?!" but this time, Cale retaliated and shove his foot into the raven's face, as he was dropped on the ground. But he regained their footing before landing on his butt. Dusting himself as he was tackled behind by the children.

"Like I said that is none of your business." Cale comments, "None of this is. In fact, why are you talking to me? If you hate my gut that much then come. I will do the same thing I did when we last met." Cale smirked as he walked back to the direction of the hole to his room. He walked in with the kittens and the dragon before using Runes to revert the hole back to it's previous form. Of the damn wall. Removing the rune lock on the door as well, he gave the kids a couple of books they bought on their walk, to read.

This time there was a proper knock, on the door instead of the slamming open for the past few times. "Come in." Cale called out, as he kept his research and turned to look at the chef, princess and punk this time. "So, are we going to have a civil conversation, or do I have to kick you out again?" he asked with a sly smile.

"Civilly." Rosalyn answered as Cale nodded and with a couple of strokes of his fingers 3 plush chairs appeared in front of them. "... I understand that you won't tell us how you know about the bombs in the plaza, but I would like to know your plan for this bombing."

"... you won't interfere?"

"If there is really no one going to get hurt." the punk softly answered, but Cale was able to hear it.

"Very well. The person who set the bombs is a mage and I have a feeling, you might have met him before. But I digress." he went on to explain that he plan to isolate the place from magic activating for 10 minutes. When the spirits will help to locate the bombs and stick a tailsmen (paper rune) on them, with the effect or freezing the bombs over, so they will not react to the mana they were supposed to explode with. "then Raon is going to collect them. There would be a couple of innocent people, but I plan to use them to deter the culprit a bit. So, I will take care of those."

"How can we help?" the punk asked.

"... so, even after you hate my gut, you still want in on the plan and what to help?" he pointed out and the emo teen blushed a little, causing the noble to snort. "If you insist. Catch the culprit. He will appear by the tower near the plaza. There is a low chance he is alone, but he should also be the main culprit of the slaughtering of the Blue Wolf tribe." he explained and all of them flinched.

"..."

"If you catch him, interrogate him first. Raon can you get me the vial in the box." he asked the dragon who nodded and flew over to the box and pulled out a small potion bottle full of green dust, handing it to the red head, before returning to the book the children were reading. None of them made a comment about the children in the room, much less the dragon, as Rosalyn already mentioned. "This has a certain hypnotic mixture, which can coax anyone who breathes it in some answers. I'm sure Miss Mage knows subtle wind magic to manipulate the particles." he explained to them, before handing it to Rosalyn.

"Why do you use this for?"

"To get answers. It's interesting how much people can resist torture. Therefore, it's a way to find the answers out before hand. Then you can torture them to death, should they tell truths or lies, you can cross reference with the information. It's just a truth serum tool. It works better in an enclosed environment. Use it however you want." Cale said with a small smile. "That is all I have to say about it."

"So, are you not going to include them in your plan?" Beacrox pointed at the mage and swordsman.

"No. I have a better mage and there is no need for a swordsman." Cale bluntly answered. "Do what you want, but I will get my information from that culprit, whether he wants to or not. You are welcome to join, but you aren't included in my plans. Once you are done, please see yourself out." with that Cale turned away from them and headed to the desk by the window. As the others left, only the punk was left in the room. "What do you want? Are you going to constantly stare at my back or are you going to leave?"

"... you haven't drunk alcohol for the pass few days, according to Hans. Why did you disrespect the people from the Harris Village?" the punk asked and they were silent as the latter thought a little... before remembering a sad fact.

"That was the last place my mother went, before she came home sick and died shortly after that. Can you really blame a drunkard brain to think that someone there infected her or what nonsense a drunk brain would think of? Beside it was her death anniversary, when you came in and decided to beat people up." he pointed out without looking back. He doesn't want to look at the devastated expression the hero had. "now get out."

There was a second swing of the door before the kids came running to him. "Human, are you sad that you are alone? But you have us, don't you?" Raon asked as he climbed into his lap.

"Yes. I have you now. But I had nobody at my home. After this we will leave the manor and rebuild Harris Village, we will live together." he told them and they smiled at the young lord's rare smiles to the children. Not noticing that they were being overheard by a certain butler outside of the door, who was about to knock. But refrained from doing so, and just left.