Chapter 25: Protecting the Village Pt 1

Recap

There was a buzzing at his door, as it was an alarm that someone is calling for him at his room. Cale placed the notes away, before telling Raon that they are leaving. Raon nodded and held onto his human as they used a tailsmen to teleport back to Harris Village. This teleportation leading him into his room, instead of outside of the place. "Come in." Cale called out as the door open, as it was Hans with another letter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

"The Count has sent a letter. I opened it to take a peek." he bluntly admitted, but didn't get a glare from his master, as he is like that. Cale received it as read the content, which made him frown even more.

"This old man. I told him that Basen will be the territory representative. I have stepped down... but...." the latter was very concern about his brother's safety, as those nobles are still being a pain in their butt. As they continued spreading rumors. His hyungs and noona, even the Duchess have called to ask if he was alright.

He is, but this is just hindering his movement outside. He has been using disguises a lot when moving around, because of it. "They will be leaving in 5 days, they want you to go there to discuss -- "

"I'm not going. I am not the Henituse's representative. Basen has been doing a good job with taking over command when father was panicking. Only if the letter specifically ask for me, and the Henituse representative, will I attend. Let's hope Aster return soon, so I can chuck this job to him." Cale mumbled.

"If the fallen nobles attack?"

"Aster can kill them. Unless Basen says otherwise. But should they still attack, they deserve death. Having already sold out our information, what value do those 'loyal' bastards have. Hillsmen will be sent along. He has improved a lot as well. Aster can join you half-way if he must."

Cale didn't look up at the orange head, as he can tell that the butler will listen. That is how their trust works. Hillsmen was sent off in advance to be part of the escort team for the young lord, who didn't go to their little cabin, as there will be a lack of guardians in the village.

It was a rainy night, when more trouble occurred. Cale woke up to the trespassing in the village. But they didn't exactly hide, as their footsteps made their way to the largest house. As Cale was already ready to receive them. 'it can't be those punks. They are said to be staying at the capital for the party for a while.' as there was a knock, Cale opened the door to see an unconscious brunette and another carrying them in the rain.

"Please help us."

"Come in." Cale instructed as Hans was already on the move with towels ready. "Is anyone hurt?"

"My sister was poisoned. Her fever keeps rising. You have to --"

"Calm down. Is there a room free?"

Cale asked the butler, as he nodded and led the way, as the barely adult kids went in. The 'sister' was laid on the bed, panting and drenched.

"Human?" Raon called out in human form, as there was a crowd forming behind.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" one of the wolf children asked.

"Prepare a bowl of water and can the girls come and help, dry her off. Raon go to my room to get 2 sets of clothes." Cale instructed the children, as they quickly disperse to do their things. As the little girls and On came in to help dry the lady's body before she catches a cold. Hans and Cale left it to the children, and the other guest to change their clothes.