Chapter 111: Saved

Ending of the kidnapped saga. Hurray.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Choi Han and Cale reached the horses, both shared the ride as Cale was placed in front of Choi Han as he sat sideways.

"Why do you bother saving me?"

"What are you talking about, I want to have the chance of protecting the weak."

"Are you implying that I am weak?"

"No. But Cale-nim needs to learn to rely on others."

"I rely on Aster."

"Aside from Aster."

Choi Han argued with Cale, who just quietly lean against the hero's broad chest. The rockiness of the horse speed and heartbeat of the hero, was slowly luring Cale back to sleep.

"Can I trust you? You haven't really shown me whether I can trust you, in the things I do. Much less why do you trust me? Don't you hate me?"

Cale wasn't really paying attention to the kind of question he was asking by the time they were halfway back to the Gyerre estate.

"... I did not like how you insulted my family then. But I think you are just lonely and had no one to lean on. Plus, every rumor were false. You are as much as a victim, as you are a culprit."

"Are you finally learning to think for yourself?"

Cale snickered as he closed his eyes.

"Yes, Cale-nim."

"Good. Then I will leave the rest to you."

From the way Cale was breathing, Choi Han could tell that Cale was sleeping after the tiring ordeal.

Choi Han's steed, was not traveling that quickly after Cale had fallen asleep, as he bask in the feeling that Cale was trusting him, just a little. Even the Molans had caught up with the hero's steed.

"I'm surprise. It seems that Cale trust you more than it seems."

Aster comments, not bothering to wipe the blood splatter on his face. His father and brother were dragging the corpse and the unconscious and beaten up noble's body, by dragged them on the ground. Aster had already used magic on that body, so no wounds will appear.

"What do you mean?"

Choi Han asked the ice mage, who just smiled, as he had calmed down from his murderous rage from before.

"Cale would never fall asleep unless it is in a secure place... or with someone he really trust. Isn't that good? Despite all he say about you being a mutt who only knows to listen to orders. Which you still are, not going to lie."

Choi Han just glared at his sentence, but the mage just continued.

"He is still willing to open up, just a bit. As long as you have your own will and curiosity to question at the right time. You have slowly gained Cale's respect and trust. But when it comes to the war strategies don't ask too much. As Cale's plans are ideal for minimal casualties and success. So, I will leave Cale to you. I better head back before the others question where I went. He will hate it, if the children found out about this."

Aster finished before he sped up and overtook Choi Han and Cale, as the swords master could only gaze at the red head with a soft expression.

[You forgot Ron is behind you.]

--

When they arrived at the Duchy, the duchess had a medical team already prepared with her grandson looking over them, while she dealt with the other nobles. As the heroes arrived back at the manor, the duchy's heir immediately approached Choi Han, who was still carrying Cale in his arms.