Chapter 138

"That is crazy."

Cale received a large wine glass from the young man.

He and the others were currently resting at the closest village to the Lake of Despair.

This was the only small inn and restaurant in this village. The owner's grandson shook his hand frantically after hearing Felicia ask about the Lake of Despair.

"It might be okay in another season, but saying that you will go there in January is just asking to die."

"Is that so? I guess people do go during the other seasons?"

Cale took a sip of alcohol, after he hadn't had a cup in months, because he had been very busy with all the things he needed to prepare before the war began.

'This is quite strong.'

Cale mentally told himself, as he watched a certain ice mage, get redder and redder by the minutes of sipping the alcohol.

'Right, Aster is a lightweight.'

He proceeded to steal his dear ally's cup, before he got himself drunk and blackout. He came here with his children, Felicia-nim and the Molan family, who didn't want to be left behind. He was planning to only bring Aster, but Ron and Beacrox insist on coming along.

-Human, is alcohol tasty? Why did you steal Cold Ahjussi's cup? Can I have some?

"No,"

A six-year-old drinking alcohol? That was not allowed, even if he was a dragon. What if Raon got drunk and blew up a mountain and affected innocent people? That would be a giant disaster.

-...Alright.

Cale ignored Raon's disappointed voice. He then focused on the conversation with Felicia and the man.

"Mm, there are people who try to go during the spring or summer."

The owner's grandson lightly shook his shoulders.

This was one of the Five Forbidden Regions.

The courageous people did try to get there.

However, the results were never good. The man peeked over at his grandmother who was sitting by the fireplace before continuing to speak.

"The people who ran away after seeing the snowstorm managed to survive, however, only half of those who went into the snowstorm managed to survive.

"But half of that group did survive and if I guess correctly, badly poisoned?"

Felicia asked the other.

"That is right. They were alive, but severely poisoned and soon went blind."

Blindness. Cale had heard that the poison in the snowstorm made people grow weaker while going blind and losing their sense of direction. Cale thought about this fact and started to think.

'This is actually a cruel world.'

The Desert of Death spewed out dead mana while the Lake of Despair has poisonous snowstorm. There are many scary existences outside of turmoil between people for power. There are many strong and cruel beings throughout the world, and there is nothing we can do about it. Because those are the laws of nature.

'But that is why the monsters can't do anything.'

They all prevented the monsters from running wild. This led to the regions with monsters being very small. Of course, Cale did not care as he had no plans to meet with monsters.

The owner's grandson cautiously warned them as if he was worried about their first guests in a while.

"Anyway, please carefully think about it if you plan to go there. It is a very scary place."