Chapter 74: Dragon's Treasure

As Cale entered the cave, hidden under many puzzles and traps, everyone was shocked that the place was covered in a lot of gold coins and ancient artifacts, all kept at their prime condition.

"How is it possible? These are ancient. They should have been beaten down from time."

Miss Rosalyn gasped at the sight of all the ancient text and items inside. As they were all covered in a layer of ancient magic, ancient and raw, yet still at powerful.

"Of course. I'm sure a dragon knows how to take care of his horde. Even after death... that is how knowledgeable dragons are. Let's have a moment of silence for the dragon's whose knowledge will be passed to us."

Everyone bowed and prayed for the dragon's horde which they had discovered. Before he hands them an empty spatial bag and let everyone load the items inside.

"Mary-nim."

"Yes?"

"I heard you were the one who found the entrance. And as promise. Take your pick of the treasure. One of the treasure here will belong to you and only you."

Cale recalled his promised and according to the girls, Mary was the one who initially found the level to the cavern.

"... I wan--"

Before Mary could finish her words, a faint figure of a sandy hair blonde, dressed in a toga with bright ember eyes appeared out of nowhere and shocked everyone, as they drew their weapons.

"Wow. I was expecting to see my god-children and here I see humans running around... with a baby dragon. Hey, baby dragon why are you following humans. Did they tame you?"

"WHAT? NO. I'm not following humans. I'm only taking care of my human!"

Raon declared and perched on Cale's shoulder as everyone slowly calmed down as the faded human figure seems to be unable to touch anything. Raon earned a pat, as the other figure just looked shocked.

"I have certainly been asleep for a long time..."

"Sir, you have been dead for a long time. Your corpse is there."

Aster added and pointed at the leftover dust accumulated at the side, which is filled with puzzle pieces.

"...so I'm dead. Pity. Well you do have a point. Take whatever you want."

The being grumbled before turning his back to them like a little child. Then Mary pointed at the faint figure.

"I want that."

She declared with her GPS-like voice.

"What?"

"I see. Then we need to find where this image is bring store in. It would most likely be in an amulet or device nearby."

Cale comments as he looked at the piles of treasures under the faint figure's form. As he took a guess that this image isn't bond to only the cave.

"Wait--"

"I see. Let's all look for it together."

Hong agreed as everyone nodded, all ignoring the human form of the deceased dragon.

"I'm not an object! I am Sphinx, a dragon from the ancient times. I have fought White Star and lived to tell the tale, with comrades. I am the dragon who created a whole damn temple to seal the God of Despair. And this is how the current era treats me!?"

The figure, who calls himself Sphinx, boosted about his abilities and glory of the pass, which drew some attention, but not all of them stopped searching for the artifact which contained the memories of this dragon.