Chapter 91: Sun Twin

Compared to the excited Black Dragon, the Gold Dragon was feeling iffy even though he got the response that he had wanted.

"Teach me everything! Teach me everything that you know!"

Eruhaben looked at how excited Raon was and quietly mumbled back.

"...I plan to do that."

"Great idea! Don't you agree, human?"

"Yes, yes."

Eruhaben had lived for close to 1,000 years, but he had never seen such a combination like this human who had a scheming smile and the Dragon that was flapping his wings.

'Am I making the right decision?'

He questioned himself, as he felt like he had been scam, despite it being him to offered the tutorship. But he quickly stopped doubting himself as he did not have much time left. This was fate as well. He had happened to meet a young Dragon while in his twilight years, and the dragon was one that was not like normal Dragons. What else could this be if it was not fate? Well aside from Arax, which was a failed attempt and that brat literally ripped off all the information he needed from him.

He started to laugh, thinking about how he had never expected such an odd situation.

"Might as well pass everything on since I am going to die soon."

Although the Elder was laughing as he said that, silence quickly filled the area. And he could feel the gazes that were focused on him.

"What? Goldie, what did you just say?"

"Excuse me? Dragon-nim, what are you talking about?"

Raon flew in front of Eruhaben's face and started to shout, while Pendrick was shaking, as if he had heard the declaration for the destruction of the world.

Raon flew around and looked over Eruhaben's body and asked.

"Are you poisoned? Did someone curse you? Did you get hurt while fighting?"

Eruhaben felt odd hearing the shocked and concerned voice of this little dragon. However his discipline answered on his behalf.

"You can't run from old age. How long has it been? 1,000 years?"

"that is correct, my stupid discipline."

Eruhaben waved it off, but Cale wasn't satisfied with it.

'Since we are getting something from him...'

Cale decided to look for something which could either extend the ancient's dragon's life by a couple more years, or to convince him to become a specter like Sphinx. All while keeping his eyes on the documents.

Eruhaben petted Pendrick, who seemed to be in a chaotic state from the sudden news, on the head. While he then hears Mieko talking to him in his mind.

-You are scheming something, aren't you? I can see it on your face. Dragons may be mighty creatures, but even we can't beat the flow of time.-

"Pendrick, all things of the world are bound to get old and die. Nothing can overcome death. Well, there are ways to control death."

"H-how?"

Eruhaben was calm while Pendrick was anxious.

"You need to follow the darkness. Like the Lich."

"Ah."

Pendrick let out a gasp.

Eruhaben quickly added on.