Chapter 7: Banquet in the Palace of Joy

Recap

"Yes. I have you now. But I had nobody at my home. After this we will leave the manor and rebuild Harris Village, we will live together." he told them and they smiled at the young lord's rare smiles to the children. Not noticing that they were being overheard by a certain butler outside of the door, who was about to knock. But refrained from doing so, and just left. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Cale's PoV>

I had the reports from the spirits say that they have spotted the bombs on the people and some of their people are tailing them, already holding the talismen. Rosalyn also asked for some, so I gave it to her. "I'm going to the banquet and I can't bring you along. So, stay and play with those punks and the children, alright?"

"Why not?" Hong asked.

"I assure you, you don't want to come with me. It will be boring, very boring. In fact, pester Beacrox to make you food. He makes good food." I told them, as I donned in a green vest suit, with white gloves.

"Not even me, I will be invisible." Raon tried to bargain.

"You know the one who tortured you for 4 years is there right?" I pointed out and he shivered. "Don't worry, I will give you a chance to torture him, but not now. He first needs to fall from grace... then we can borrow Beacrox help to torture him. I'm sure if you ask him, he will agree." I told him, with a smirk and the little one smiled along. "Therefore, it's better you skip this one. Rest as much as you can, as you guys got a big assignment tomorrow." I smiled and pat all their heads. I put on a green brooch which I turned into a recording artifact in my vest pocket.

As I left in the carriage prepared for me, it took me to the palace of joy. It was built by the king to share his joy of the birth of the crown prince. It was impressive, in fact fancier than the Henituse estate. I mentally sighed to myself as I waited for Eric, Gilbert and Amiru to arrive. But while I was thinking of new runes to try, there was an annoying voice breaking my concentration.

"Well now. Look who it is? Isn't it our fa~mous master Cale?" Neo Tolz called out and I didn't even want to turn to him. Because he was the one who provided the place that held Raon. In fact, he should also be tortured... but he would most likely put the blame on Venion... therefore he is only a lowly minion who got in trouble. "you alone?"

I didn't really want to deal with him, so I ignored him while he taunted me, for being a trash and the reason why Basen wasn't here. So after I was done listening to his ramblings, I just turned to him with a fake smile and asked, "Ah. Were you saying something? I thought it was a bug buzzing around. Good day to you, Viscount Neo Tolz." ah, my passive aggressive-ness from my future is seeping in. Where is Aster when you need him?

But before Neo Tolz can retaliate at my comment, Eric Hyung and the others arrived. 'Thank god... goodness. I'm not thanking god for any shit.'"Hyung-nim." I thumbed into the direction of the asshole Neo, as Hyung knew how to handle the situation, before I snap.

"Young Master Neo, It has been a while." Eric Wheelsman interrupted this conversation, before either of us could pull our punches. But it was most likely going to be Neo. I moved to enter the place, as Eric hyung got that bastard off my back. Then I heard a voice in my head. -Can I kill him, human?

'You vicious little brat.' I thought, ask I kept my poker face. -Not yet. We will get your revenge later. I promise. We will do whatever they done to you and times 10... did you get Beacrox to help?

-Yup. He said to just call for him, after we get ready.

-So, what are you doing here? Didn't I tell you to stay at home?