Chapter 39: Treasure by the Shoreline

Recap

"Miss Lina, I wish to go to the shorelines."

Cale was telling Litana that he wanted to to the shoreline. There was no reason for him to stay here any longer. As it was time for a treasure hunt.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently, Cale met up with the Queen in her tent. As he tells her that he wants to go to the shorelines.

"Bin!"

One of her subordinates moved to stand in front of Cale at her calling. He had met Cale inside the cave.

"Bin will guide you to your location." Litana handed Cale a document. Cale took it to look at it, only for his eyes to widen at the information inside.

"Miss Lina, you can't do this. This is too much."

She could see that Cale seemed to be bothered by this and started smiling, thinking this person really was a very good person.

"No, it is not too much at all."

The document Cale received had Litana's name and thumbprint stamped on it. It would be a complete contract as soon as Cale signed it as well.

There was one other spot that was left unfilled in addition to the spot for Cale's signature.

The location of the land and size was missing.

Litana started to speak.

"It is complicated if it was someone's personal property in the section, but if it isn't. I will take care of everything so have as much as you want."

Everything she said sounded like a hassle to Cale, as he had no need for her lands. He was just repaying the debt he owed in another life. Litana was a very generous person.

"How can you give me a contract like this? What if I said I want the entire shoreline or something?" He asked.

'No way. That is too much to take care.'

"I knew you would say something like that. But it does not matter. Take it if you would like."

She really was the type to pay back gratitude as best as possible. Cale realized why Litana was sending Bin, her most trusted person with him, instead of someone like one of the chiefs or advisors.

'I guess, she is really planning on repaying me, no matter how much I don't need it... well, I won't say no to free stuff.'

Cale put on a helpless expression.

"I think having a lot of land is cumbersome. I just need a small enough area for me and my family."

This made Litana think about how she could pay back this extremely good person. Cale must have told his crew to help, as his subordinates had woken up early to help with the restoration of Section 1.

Of course, Cale didn't do that. He only told Aster and Hans to help. Everyone else moved on their own. He has no control and does not want to control what the heroes do.

"Mr Cale, may I know your family name?"

Cale suddenly felt chills on the back of his neck. He had a bad feeling that he might end up in a complicated situation, should he get his family involved. Much less his reputation.

"I just wish to leave quietly. Let's forget about what happened yesterday and just look towards the future. And plan the counterattack."

He said referring to the predicted war that would come.