Chapter 79: The New Year Ball

After they reunite at the bottom, everyone had fun and went a few more rounds, before they rested in the inn and headed back to Harris Village. Where Knight Felicia had returned Cale's work.

Cale also worked with Lock a lot, on his combat abilities and how to use and maintain his inner aura.

When Archduke was finally allowed back after he, the king and the Crown prince cleaned up the mess that Venion Stan had left with their affiliation with Arms and the Empire's alchemy experiment shipments. The former noble, now disowned and stripped of his title will be in jail for the rest of his crazy life. Those who supported him were jailed as well, but for a duration. Except for Tolz who cooperated, they were spared from the punishment. He came back exhausted.

"My dear nephew, why did you give us more work?"

Luke asked his nephew who happened to be in the training field working with Lock and Hilsmen. Both child and man being beaten on their backs, while Maes and the wolf children have prepared potions for them.

"It was necessary to foil more plans of the greater evil."

Cale calmly answered him.

"Is that so... here."

Luke tossed a letter to Cale, who opened it and frowned.

"It's mandatory for you to attend."

"Basen is --"

"The Henituse were sent their own letter. Basen will be representative. This is specifically for you."

Luke interrupted. This made the other frown.

"Make it a masquerade and you have a deal."

"I can do that. Only we got the letter first. Because I have a horrible reputation of not reading letters."

Archduke Luke whistled as his guardian bond landed on his shoulder, as he pulls out a sip of paper and wore something on it, before allowing Snow to send it to the king. Then Cale smirks at the letter.

'I guess this will be interesting.'

"By the way, when did you get another..."

Archduke Luke pointed at the baby goat by Cale's leg, reaching out to chew on his pants again. Before Cherry swooped in to stop the Rock Head from biting their master.

"It choose to follow me on it's own accord."

"... okay... you haven't -"

"I haven't name them."

"... Fine. This is too confusing for little old me."

As the days drew closer, the capital prepared for the year end masquerade ball. And apparently even the heroes had to attend. Cale told the others to go off first, as he brought Mieko (who had returned after he left the twins with Queen Litana at the Jungle) and Felicia, and told them that it will be a surprise.

Aster, Beacrox, Ron, Rosalyn, Lock and the children had left with Basen, Lily and Violan, who were the Henituse representative, while Deruth is left with the paperwork. Ray was brought by his father and took the fast teleportation route, with the twins help.

--

At the capital, Amiru, Eric and Gilbert were invited to the Earl Windchester's place. They were led to a guest room, where they see Cale sitting there with a cat on his lap, as there was a tray of tea already prepared.

"Young master Cale."

"Hyung."

Cale waved back with a smirk, causing Eric to shiver as he knows that smirk.