Chapter 8

Two days pass. Long and slow. I barely went downstairs and when I did, I made damn sure that Sin and Arrow were gone.

If I avoided them then we couldn't have another incident like the one that happened in the living room. And I could keep thinking of them as the horrible filthy mob bosses that I'd made them out to be in my head. It was hard to keep that imagine when they were around. They were so different from what I'd expected. Course, I couldn't justify that too much, I'd spent all of an hour with them over the past three days. So, we're they actually different? Or were they just acting that way when I was around?

She's ours.

Sin's words echo in my head. And I nearly trip on the stairs as I replay his hand slipping around my waist. Damn him. Damn them both.

I chew on my lip as I walk into the kitchen. But I freeze in my tracks. Because they're both sitting there, staring at me as I stand frozen. They should be gone, I heard the door slam like it does every morning.

The scent of bacon wafts in the air and my stomach growls. Heat creeps up my cheeks and tension sizzles in the air as I meet Sin's green eyes.

But Arrow tsks and I snap my eyes to his. He wears that wide goofy grin and leans causally against the counter in black jeans and a white T-shirt. Fuck, he looked good. At least he was smiling, I felt like he might never speak to me again after what happened in the living room.

"Told you she was avoiding us." Arrow sips the cup of steaming coffee in his hands. I look back at Sin who narrows his eyes on me. He's in black slacks and a dark grey button up. They both look so stupidly good it's ridiculous. I want to run my hands down the front of him and feel_

"Too bad," Sin turns back to his plate of food. Why I hadn't I smelt that on the way down? "I thought you were bigger than that."

A streak of fury shoots down my stomach. "W-what? I'm not avoiding you because of that!" I protest. But I can feel the lie on my tongue, I can feel it in the air. Arrow gives me a deadpan look and Sin doesn't even turn back to me.

"It doesn't matter," Arrow says. "We need your help."

"My help?" I echo, confused on how two mob bosses could possibly need my help. What on earth could I help them with? Burying a body? Unfortunately, being in writing, I actually knew a bit about that.

"Yep." Arrow pops the 'p' and takes another sip of his coffee.

"Care to explain?" I ask.

Sin turns to Arrow. "This is a bad idea. She can't do it."

A part of me feels like he's baiting me but the other part doesn't care. I hate Sin. I hate that he touches me and I like it. I hate that he's gorgeous beyond belief. And I hate that he challenges me. "Let's not jump to conclusions, big boy." I touch Sin's shoulder with my fingertip and he stiffens. I recoil and look back at Arrow. "What would I have to do?"

"It involves Tether," Arrow waits for my reaction. When I don't give one, he goes on. "He has something of ours and we need it back. And we need you, to be a distraction for us."

I stare at Arrow. Watching a stray piece of icy hair fall into his eyes. "What makes you think I could distract him at all? There's thousands of women in this city. All willing to do just about anything for you two."

"True," Arrow agrees. "But that's the problem. Tether won't be distracted by some random girl. But by our girl? Sin and I's girl? He won't be able to help himself. He's wanted our territory for years, he's wanted to expand for years and we put all of that to a stop."

I try to ignore that he called me theirs again. "So he wants revenge?" I ask.

"Revenge sounds juvenile. He wants what's ours. That's why he won't be able to help himself if you walk into his club."