Chapter 16

"You two are having an awful lot of fun"

I jump back. Falling on my ass on the hard floor of the library. My cheeks flush as Grey growls at Arrow.

Fucking hell, had Arrow heard everything? When had he woken up? I tried not to think about it.

"Arrow_"

"I'm a little hurt you didn't invite me to join." Arrow cuts him off. I can't see his smirk from behind the desk but I know it's there.

I start to attempt to scramble to my feet but a pair of arms wrap around my waist from above and pull me up. Back into Grey's lap. He breathes in deeply and if I didn't know better, I'd think he was breathing in my scent. But I knew better. It was a coincidence.

Arrow's bright blue eyes meet mine from his spot on the other side of the desk. His chair looks closer somehow. But he doesn't look like he's moved at all. He's still lounging calmly against the arm.

I hate the way my cheeks warm. I hate the way I feel under their gazes. Hot and squirmy and unsure. I was so sure of myself before them. So confident and aware. And now- they seem to take all that away when they look at me like this.

"I was enjoying the moment without your commentary actually." Grey says, his voice vibrating down my back through my ribcage.

Arrow tilts his head back and laughs. The sound is so sexy that I press my thighs together. If Grey notices, he doesn't say anything.

"Liar. Plus she seemed rather bored without me." Arrow sits up just a bit.

Grey chokes on a laugh. "Not everyone needs you around to have a good ti_"

He's cut off by the shrill ring of his cell phone. Arrow's face darkens. And it only takes me a moment to realize that nobody calls with good news at 2am.  The phone is sitting on the desk, vibrating and still ringing loudly. It's face down so I can't see who it is.

Grey snatches it off the table and puts it to his ear. "What?" He snaps. I hear someone talk quickly on the other line. Grey looks at me, then over to Arrow. After a few moments, he hangs up the phone without saying a word. "Tether's men are in the Black Glove."

Arrow sits up. "How many?"

"At least 20, they're harassing the women and it seems," Grey glances back at me, his arms tighten on my waist. "They've already taken out the majority of our security."

"How is that possible?" Arrow stands and begins pacing.

"What is the Black Glove?" I ask.

Grey's hands gently slide down my waist until he holds my hips carefully. "A gentleman's club that we own, the biggest in the city," He squeezes. "And Tether knows that. He's trying to get a rise out of us."

"So what are you going to do?" I ask, looking down at Grey's cellphone as it lights up with text after text.

"We have men on the way, but we'll have to make an appearance as well." Grey pushes my hips up, helping me stand.

Arrow stands from the chair and stalks out of the room. I watch his broad tight shoulders and something stirs in my stomach. I barely believe it when I realize what it is. I'm worried. Worried about the two of them leaving and walking into that club.

Grey moves around me but I catch his hands right as they leave my hips. "Let me come." I blurt.

Grey blinks. And his green eyes narrow.

He doesn't know why I'm asking to go. I don't know why I'm asking to go. But I'm panicking. Maybe it's because I don't want to be left here alone after what happened. Maybe it's because I'm worried about what might happen to them. I don't know. Right now- I don't care. I just need the twisting in my stomach to stop.

"It's a bad idea." He decides and starts for the door, shaking my hands off. Whatever moment we'd had before was well over. He was hard and his walls were up.

"I'll sit in the car, please Grey." I follow him out of the library and into the living room. He turns and stares at me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Arrow loading a large rifle on the couch behind him.

"Are you afraid to be here?" Grey demands.

I hesitate. "No,"

He tilts his head. He doesn't believe me. Clearly. He turns and his footsteps are harder than before. The muscles in his back are taunt and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that he's pissed. "Fine. Get in the car." He says, his voice gravelly and dark.

"What?" Arrow sounds horrified. "No."

"Did I ask for your opinion?" Grey snaps, then looks at me over his shoulder. "Go get in the damned car before I change my mind."