Chapter 33

My Parisian experience had been anything but normal at this point.

If I was here- even under these circumstances, I wanted to see the city. See the culture and the architecture and the life here. But no. Given the hit, we were to remain locked in the apartment until the threat was gone. God only knew how long that would take. We'd only been back an hour and I was already bored. At least my sister had Amber. I mean, sure, I had Arrow and Grey- but those fuckers were so deep in their own worlds trying to figure this out that I'm pretty sure I could catch fire and they wouldn't notice. Not right now. Arrow was sucked into his iPad and Grey was across the dining room table locked in on his laptop.

It would also be another thing if I was capable of helping them in any way. But clearly I'm useless in that regard. I don't know anything about this world. I don't have contacts. I wouldn't even know what I was looking for.

The door opens and Isaiah strides in. He's got a stunning redhead walking beside him. I have to attempt to raise my jaw off the floor as I take her in. Her legs have got to be three stories tall. She was almost taller than Isaiah. She wears a simple cropped sweater with high waisted jeans and converse. She managed to make jeans look expensive. In her pale arms was a large duffle bag. Her amber eyes scanned the room before she landed on me. Her whole face lit up and she smiled, striding over to me like a model while I sat dumbfounded on the couch with a deck of cards in my hand.

"Ivy?" She grinned. Flashing perfectly white teeth.

"Y-yeah, hi." I heard Arrow laugh somewhere behind us and I try not to glower. "You are?"

"Bria," She pushes her long red hair over her shoulder. "It's so lovely to meet you." Her words are slightly accented and I'm not sure I've ever been so jealous of another woman. Jealous and attracted.

"It's nice to meet you too," I try to brighten my features. "You're with Isaiah?"

Bria nods. "Yes, four years now. I'm not sure how I put up with his shit for that long but here we are." She adjusts the large duffle in her arms.

"Can I help you with that?" I stand from the couch, trying to get my shit together.

"Oh sorry, no. This is for you!"

"For me?"

Bria reaches for me with her free hand and tugs me towards the bedroom. "Yes, Isaiah told me those assholes didn't even let you pack a toothbrush before they threw you on a plane so he asked me to get you the essentials."

"Oh," I say as she sets the large bag on Arrow's bed. "You really didn't have to go through all that trouble_"

"Of course I did," She brushes me off with a wave of her tiny perfect hand. "Those guys are dicks, you deserve it."

I smile. "They are."

She laughs. "Okay," Bria pulls a smaller bag out of the duffle. "This is all bathroom stuff. This is sleepwear. Undergarments. And just regular clothes. I didn't know what you liked so I just got you a mix of everything. I hope that's okay."

"That's great," I say, she's got enough clothes in there for weeks so I was certain I'd have no problem finding something. "Thank you so much for doing that."

"You do not need to thank me," She grins down at me. "I got to spend an entire day shopping and I didn't have to feel guilty about any of it."

"God, I bet the shopping here is amazing." I muse.

She nods eagerly. "When you come back under different circumstances, I'll take you. There's nothing better."

When. Not if. When.