Chapter 23

I'll admit, some of the fight left me when he said Paris. But he still had to carry my ass onto the jet flung over his shoulder.

"Do you have to cause so many damn problems?" Sin seethes as he tosses me on the leather couch of the jet. It's actually a lot harder than it looks.

I blow the hair out of my face and laugh bitterly. "I cause problems?" I snap, scrambling to my feet. With my adrenaline fueling my very stupid instincts- I get in his face. Well as much as I can when I'm a good head shorter. "Don't be a fucking hypocrite, Sin."

His lip twitches in a snarl and he opens his mouth to speak but hands shove his chest. Backing him away from me. He barely seems to notice but I turn to Arrow and glare at him.

He rolls his eyes. "Fuck, Poison, just chill out."

"Stop calling her that." Sin grits, still staring at me like he might snap my neck at any moment now.

"Jealous?" I bait him.

Sin makes a noise that I think was an attempt at a laugh. "You think I'm jealous that he's so obsessed with getting your pussy he can't even see straight?"

It stings. And I'm not sure if it's because he's insinuating that's all Arrow wants me for. Or if it's because he's insinuating that he doesn't want me at all.

"Shut the fuck up, both of you!" Arrow throws his hands up. The jet suddenly roars to life underneath us. Sin quirks an eyebrow at me. It's a challenge. He's waiting for me to run. Waiting for me to scream until someone saves me and brings me back to my sister. But nobody will. I'm smart enough to know that now.

So I sit back on the couch.

Arrow collapses in the chair across from me. "Finally." He mutters.

Sin just grumbles something and stalks to the back of the jet until I can't see him anymore.

"What's up his ass?" I ask Arrow.

Arrow snorts and rubs his eyes, looking oddly tired. It makes my chest tighten. "For a smart girl, you're an idiot sometimes." 

I don't know what he's talking about. And I don't care. My head falls into my hands. "Just tell me what the fuck is going on." All the fight seems to leave me all at once. And I'm suddenly exhausted. I'm ready to curl up on this couch and sleep until all of these problems just disappear. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen any time soon.

The jet starts to move and my heart drops. I look up and cast one last look at the exit. I wish I could get away with it- but I couldn't. I knew damn well that I couldn't. It wasn't even worth it.

I look back down as Sin's footsteps echo through the space. Making the air even stiffer than it already is. "Did you tell her?" Sin asks.

"No, I_" Arrow starts but gets cut off.

"There's a hit out on you."

Sin says the words like somehow they please him. Like somehow I deserve it because I'm a pain in his ass. I glance at him. He's holding a glass of what I imagine is scotch. Something probably stupid expensive.

"A hit." I say out loud. "Like in a bad action movie when someone puts a hit on someone's life? Like when they pay to...?"

"To have you killed." Arrow finishes for me. He leans down, resting his elbows on his knees and looking less than pleased. "More than likely, it doesn't have anything to do with you. They likely put a hit on you to draw us out."

My head spins and it's not from the jet taking off the runway. "Tether?"

Arrow shakes his head. "No, we already looked his direction. It's not him."