Chapter 11

I've gone still. So has Tate.

For a moment I don't even know if it's Sin's voice or Arrow's. But it's Arrow's. I confirm it when I look up and see him standing in the living room with Sin a few paces behind.

"I thought you said they weren't your boyfriends?" Tate leans down to whisper closer to my ear. Arrows eyes flare again. His fury like blue molten rocks. I try not to tremble under the weight of it.

"They're not!" I hiss back at Tate. Tate nods and straightens.

"I'm sorry, Arrow. She wanted to get out, I just_"

"I will deal with you tomorrow." Arrow tells him, cutting him off. "Come back tomorrow morning before classes."

Tate nods reluctantly and looks down at me. I glance over my shoulder at him and give him a reassuring smile even though I want to beg him to stay. To keep him between me and the other two men across the room. But I don't.

Tate turns his back, his footsteps echo through the entryway until he shuts the door behind himself. My heart squeezes in my chest.

"Did you have fun?" Arrow smirks at me, voice laced with sarcasm. Suddenly, I'm reminded of what happened in the damned car and I want to squirm under his gaze. But I try to relax.

"Yes." I reply.

Sin steps forward. "You know we knew the second you left, right?" His voice is calmer than Arrow's but he's still clearly unhappy.

"Why does it matter? If I get killed_"

"They wouldn't kill you," Sin sips a glass of iced whiskey I didn't realize was in his hand. "They would torture you for information. Which unfortunately, you do have."

I'm quiet for a moment. "The farm?" I finally ask. "I don't even know what that has to do with you!" I throw my hands up.

"They wouldn't know that." Sin takes another sip of the whiskey. Well- it looks like whiskey anyway.

"And we were trying to keep you out of the public's eye for now, trying to keep you from being seen with us for a few weeks so that doesn't happen. You parading around with my cousin doesn't exactly help your situation." Arrow growls at me. "You two looked awful... cosy."

"What? No! It wasn't like that_"

"Look regardless of what it was," Sin says, setting his glass on a coffee table. "I'm not sure it's a good idea for you to leave in a week if you're still openly running around with our gang."

It's the first time he'd admitted so blatantly what they were. It was like before he was almost trying to hide the fact that they were the most notorious gang in Sin Sity. That the city was quite literally named after him.

"I have to get back to my life." I shake my head. Starting to walk towards the stairs. "I can't believe I agreed to this in the first place."

Arrow is suddenly by my side, his face twisted in annoyance. "We didn't exactly give you a choice, now did we?" He grabs my arm, yanking me forward. I stumble, dropping my purse as he hauls me across the living room to shove me on to the couch.

My thoughts get dirty and my head begins to spin. Heat already starting to pool down to my core.

Sin steps up behind him and they both watch me under dark indifferent eyes.

"I'm leaving. I'm done." I say, standing. Only to put myself face to face with Arrow. His lips only inches from mine. I try to back up but my calves hit the couch.

"You can't." Arrow snaps.

I was surprised to be arguing with him like this. He was usually so funny and calm. But today his sarcasm was replaced with fury and he certainly wasn't backing down.