Chapter 32

Arrow

Ivy stood abruptly and rushed for the door.

She didn't run. She just walked with a purpose.

Sin gave me a look and I rose to my feet, turning to follow her.

Ivy shoved the doors to the bar so hard they groaned in protest as she flung them open. Her breaths were quick and shallow, like she couldn't get enough oxygen. But I knew she was fine- well maybe not fine. But physically, she was alright. Emotionally- she was a mess. And to be honest, I'm surprised it took her this long to lose her shit. I had to give her props, she'd kept it together for a lot longer than I expected her to.

She bent down, hands finding her knees as her chest rose and fell with harsh breaths.

I stepped towards her and pulled her upright, moving her hands to rest on the top of her head. I let my hands drift over her stomach. "Keep your airway open." I murmured.

She looks at me, her lips parted as she drags in another breath. I want to crush her to my chest but I refrain. It certainly wouldn't help with her panic attack.

The Parisian sun is starting to drop low in the cold sky. It sends warm shadows across her slender features. Her wide hazel eyes appear greener in the light and the dark strands of her hair glow a dark red.

Ivy finally drops her hands to her sides and her breathing begins to even but she still looks mortified. I reach for her hands, keeping some distance between us as I run my thumb over the back of her hand.

"My last name is Moreau," I tell her. She cocks her head. "My favorite color is turquoise. Like somewhere between dark blue and dark green. Doesn't make me sound very manly but," I pause, shrugging. "I like it. My favorite book is Thinner by Stephen King. I have seen every episode of Frazier at least three times. I prefer just plain cheese pizza over combination or whatever the fuck else they do now. And Ben and Jerry's Half-Baked ice cream is my weakness."

She's quiet for a few moments as her chest finds a slow steady rhythm. She just stares at me. Until after a few minutes, she speaks: "Thinner was horrible." She says, grimacing.

I laugh. "It was fantastic."

"It's so ugly," She winces. "The ending was_"

"Justified?" I squeeze her fingers.

"Fucked." She gives me a look. "Just remind me not to eat any pie from you."

Smiling like a cat, I pull her closer. My chin brushing the top of her head as she wraps her arms around my torso. She feels so soft and small it makes me wrap my arms around her waist possessively. "How about some Half-Baked ice cream instead?"

She nods into my chest but stays quiet for a few heartbeats. "Is this my life now?" Her voice is so quiet I barely hear her.

"It doesn't have to be." I tell her.

She pulls back and looks up at me, hazel eyes shimmering. "What do you mean?"

I shrug. "I'll ship you and your sister off to some deserted island with butlers and endless supply of ice cream," Her eyes narrow just a bit, like she doesn't believe me. "You wanna run from this- I'll help you run."