Chapter 37

Arrow

"Get the fuck up."

It wasn't the first time that Sin had woken me up this way, and it certainly wouldn't be the last.

"What?" I groan, absent-mindedly reaching for Ivy only to come up empty-handed.

The bed- well her side, was empty and cold. I sit up just as Sin stalks out of the room. Even with his back turned I can tell that something is fucking wrong and the longer I don't see Ivy or hear her voice floating around the apartment, the more my stomach tightens.

I throw off the covers and follow Sin almost running right into him as he jams a phone into my face.

At first, I think it's his phone, and I don't think much of it. I'm about to snap at him to tell me what the fuck is going on, when I read the text on the screen. It's unsent message to me. There's a small devil emoji next to my name that almost makes me smile. But I don't. Because I know who's phone it is. And clearly, she's not here. The apartment felt fucking barren without her in it. Like the life had been sucked out. It felt too quiet and too empty.

I look down at the text again. Staring at the word 'ALESSO' in bold letters as if it might jump out of the phone and tell me the answers.

"Did she go willingly?" Sin grates.

I feel the overwhelming urge to punch him. But instead, I just look at him incrediously. "You honestly think she'd leave this for us if she had? Jesus, Sin."

He rakes a hand through his hair and sets his jaw. I know he's thinking about punching me too, but I don't care.

"Put some fucking clothes on, I'm going to wake Saiah."

I notice then, that I'm naked. It wouldn't be the first time that Sin had seen me naked and it likely wouldn't be the last. But I pace back to the bedroom and throw on a pair of jeans and a T-shirt. When I pull it over my head, a sweet scent rises from the cotton. My stomach tightens when I realize that Ivy wore this shirt. And it still smells like her. Sweet like raspberries and cream.

My blood pounds in my ears. That Italian fuck is going to lose his fucking head.

When had she left? How long had he been baiting her? How had he gotten her out? She'd just slipped out of the safety of my bed and into the psychotic arms of her father?

God, I was making myself fucking sick.

Deciding to leave the shirt on, I walk back out into the living room. Sin is returning with Isaiah who's already pushing buttons on his iPad. I run my hands down my face and sit on the couch while we wait in silence.

"Everything went dark from 1am to 5am." Isaiah says. "The cameras, the security system, even the power."

Something shatters.

Probably the vase from the coffee table. But I don't look. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Sin visibly shaking.

"Can you find who did it?" I ask, looking past the shards shattered across the carpet at Isaiah. He purses his lips.

"They cut the power, probably for this entire street... But since it was so early, nobody noticed. There's no way to know."

"I'm going to fucking kill him." Sin says, sounding calmer than he is.

"Where would he take her? You think he'd put her on a jet and fly her back to Italy?" I ask nobody in particular. Nobody answers. Sin stands stoically staring at the wall and Isaiah continues to press on the screen of his iPad.

If someone wanted me dead, but I also wanted my daughter back, where would I go? Where would it be the safest?

Ivy's apartment was on the listing so definitely not Sin Sity. Italy wouldn't be safe for him either, not if the threat is what we think it is. So what? He'd stay here in France? With us hanging around that seems incredibly unlikely. Plus he wouldn't be able to live in public again until_

"He's going to neutralize the threat." Sin says. God, I hated when he got there before me.

"He'd have to if he wanted to live safely with his daughter." I agree.

"Don't call her that." Sin snaps.

I roll my eyes. The moodiest motherfucker to ever walk the earth ladies and gentlemen.

"Alright, so we find the threat then we find Ivy." I push off the couch. "Back to square one."

"Isaiah, contact Antionio, I want to know if he has any safe houses in the surrounding countries. Spain, Switzerland, Germany, The Netherlands."

Isaiah gets up and leaves the room, already dialing.

"Who would want Alesso dead?" I ask Sin.

"I think the list is longer than you think," He scoffs. Now he grows a sense of humor? "But we're about to make friends with all of them."

"They won't tell us anything, admitting to the listing would be a death sentence."

"Someone will know something." He says. And I'm not sure if he's trying to convince himself or me. "Don't give me that look, we can't have loose ends."

I laugh. "This is a loose end? She's a loose end now?" Sin looks away and I see the muscle in his jaw feather. "Lie to yourself all you want, but at the end of the day, nothing changes the fact that you want her back as much as I do and it has absolutely nothing to do with that god damn farm."

"Fuck you." He snarls at me.

"You're just mad because I'm fucking right." I spit back at him.

He steps up to me, he's only an inch taller, but with his nose in the air like that he might as well be fucking giant.

"Hate to break up the festivities but I have a list of safe houses." I see Isaiah from the corner of my eye.

Sin's eyes narrow but he steps away first. Moving to Isaiah's side to look at the screen. It's silent for a few moments before he speaks.

"We're going to Switzerland, pack your shit."