Chapter 44

"I'm not telling you about the farm," Grey sits stiffly in the chair in the corner of the room. As far as he could get from me. "Ask something else."

Arrow sits at the end of the bed, looking as calm as ever, he turns to watch my reaction. I don't let myself look disappointed and I move onto the next question that had been sitting in the back of mind for months.

"Why did you kidnap Tether's sister?"

Neither of them react. I'm sure they were expecting it. I didn't exactly take well to that whole situation. Grey had let me go home soon afterwards. I couldn't stand to be in the same room as either of them. I told myself it was because they ruthlessly kidnapped a women and broke my trust and tricked me into helping them do it. But looking back, I know jealously played a big part in my reaction. Tethers words rang in my head every time I looked at them.

Did you think that you were the only woman they've kidnapped and fucked?

I did. I had thought that. Naïve of me, I know.

"Grey and I used to see Andrea." Arrow says, confirming my fears. I take a breath in, trying not to think about it. Trying not to picture that beautiful women between the two of them the way I've been. "We knew her brother was a low level boss. But we didn't think much of it. Andrea had never shown any interest in our world and we'd dug deep into her brothers mob and she wasn't involved in it either. Or at least at the time she wasn't... but when things went bad between us, she started giving what little information she had to her brother. That's when we met Tether at our place. When you met him."

I swallow, trying to digest the information. "That still doesn't explain why you kidnapped her and why you tricked me into helping you."

Arrow blows out a breath. "Sin got emailed a picture a few days later. A picture of you and Sin on our stairwell..." I look at Grey and he levels me with a stare. But nothing crosses his face. No emotions. Though that's nothing new. "Our first thought was Andrea, and we wanted to send a message that we weren't to be fucked with. That she or Tether couldn't threaten us without consequences. That's why we took her."

"It was just a scare tactic?" I ask, not really believing it.

"We didn't touch her," Grey speaks and I turn to look at him. He leans forward and his beautiful eyes test me. The green flames daring me to question him. "Not in any way that she enjoyed." He finishes with a twisted grin.

"I didn't ask." I fire back at him. But I did want to know. And I couldn't help the relief that swept through me.

Grey just shrugs, unbothered. Always unbothered. "Next question."

"How did you find me at the club? After you found the hit I mean."

Arrow had said they had half the city looking for me, but still how did Arrow find me exactly where I was? Especially in a city of over a million people?

"I have a tracker on your phone." Grey says.

"What?!"

Grey turns his head to the side, an amused glint in his eyes. "You wanted the truth."

Fucks sake, he's such a fucking asshole.

"Speaking of the truth," Arrow straightens. My narrowed eyes slide to him. "That listing, you know the one with your name?"

"Yes?"

"Well we don't actually think it's for you," Arrow admits. "We think it's meant for your father. To draw him out."

"You don't know for sure?" I question.

Arrow shakes his head. "No, we don't. But it's the only thing that makes sense. What reason could anyone have to want you dead? Someone in Italy knew your father was looking for you so they put a hit on you hoping to draw your father out so they could kill him."

I mull it over in my head and it does make more sense. But whoever it was had to know of my relation to my father. And I didn't think there were many that knew. And it's not like you could dig that information up, my birth certificate said someone else's name and my last name didn't match. So whoever placed the hit knew us both. Maybe knew my mother before we ever left Italy.

"Do you know anything else about the hit? Or who placed it?" I hated that they'd kept so much shit hidden and I'd just let it happen. Just went along with it like it was normal. Like this whole fucking thing was okay.

Arrow shakes his head. "Nothing."

"Fine. How'd you find me at the hospital? I didn't have my phone." I send Grey a glare that he returns.

"We were checking out every hospital with gunshot wounds. We thought maybe it'd be a lead. It just happened to be you instead." Arrow supplies.

I nod. That makes sense too. It all seemed to be coming together. Not that I liked it anymore than I did before but at least I had more pieces of the puzzle.

"Another question." I say.

"Goodie." Grey mumbles under his breath.

I ignore him. "Why do you only sleep with women together?"

Arrow glances at Grey, who fixes him with his dark stare. Arrow smiles and I feel like I'm missing out on their private conversation. I'm about to interject when Arrow turns his icy gaze back to me. "Well for one, Sin never trusted anyone I was sleeping with. And plus if we spent our time fucking women separately, it took more time away from the job. It just split our focus."

"So it's just a chore to do it this way?"

Arrow shakes his head, his ashy hair falling into his eyes. He needs to get it cut. "I wouldn't say so, I think we can both agree we derive more pleasure this way."

My eyebrows come together. "And why is that?" Arrow looks at Grey again and something clicks in my head. They're attracted to each other. How the fuck had I not noticed it before? "You two... you're? But you told me you weren't!"

Arrow laughs and I even hear Grey scoff to cover his chuckle.

"When did I say that?" Arrow raises a brow.

"The first day at your house!"

Recognition lights his face. "You asked if we were gay... clearly we're not."

Grey levels me with a stare. "You asked if we were gay?"

I feel my face heat up. "Shut up and tell me more." I demand, attempting to throw the attention away from my stupidity.

Arrow just shrugs. "We've always been more attracted to women. So it kinda always came in second place in comparison, but..." He trails off.

"But?" I press, literally gripping the edge of the bed like I'm about to lose the last of my sanity.

"But, yes," Grey says and my head snaps to him. "Arrow and I have fucked."