Chapter 9

The club was packed. The line was down the block.

But Sin specifically told me to go straight to the front. I don't know how he expected me to get in. He and Arrow went in the back to avoid being seen.

I hesitantly walk to the front of the line, ignoring irritated stares from all the people in the line.

The bouncer is huge. Tall and tattooed with a bald head and a "no bullshit" look on his face. "Uhm, hi." I say, pulling his attention to me. He looks down at me, dark eyes meeting mine. "My name is Iv_"

"Ms. Lancaster," he pulls the red velvet rope back and steps aside, giving me a single nod.

I try to hide my surprise as I step inside. The music is so loud that I can barely hear my own thoughts. The base thrums against my chest and plays with my heartbeat. As if I wasn't nervous enough as it is.

I don't notice Tether. I don't see him at all. But per Sin and Arrow, I wasn't to look around for him. He would come to me. It was just waiting for him to see me.

Heading for the bar and doing my best to look confident, I slide into a seat. There's a woman on my right but she doesn't turn to me, too engrossed in the conversation with the man on the other side of her.

The bartender makes eye contact with me and nods. "What would you like?" He asks. He's cute in a boyish way. His long hair is pulled back into a man bun and his white button up shirt is spotless.

"A vodka cranberry, with Grey Goose, please." I ask. He nods, turning back to the bar and reaching for the Grey Goose.

"I think most women go for Sky Vodka."

I turn quickly but relax when it's not Tether. Just a random man with spiked blonde hair and a wife beater. Did he think he'd get women interested looking like that? I certainly hoped he wasn't that delusional.

The bartender sets the vodka cranberry on the counter and I thank him. Sliding a twenty across the counter. He smiles and grabs it.

"Well, I'm full of surprises." I say flatly, turning back to blondie.

He grins, obviously not having a clue how to read how to read a women's tone or body language. I don't want to even imagine what he's like in bed. I cringe. "I can tell." His voice dips low like he's trying to be sexy and I nearly feel bile rise in my throat. My skin feels slimy where he looks at me.

I'm about to tell him to shove it and get lost when a hand lands on his shoulder. A tall man in a dark blue suit leans down, all I can see is a head of mousy brown hair but it's all I need to see. I know it's Tether. He whispers something into the Blondies ear. The mans eyes widen and he scrambles to get out of his chair. He keeps his eyes down as Tether straightens, and the blonde man walks away stiffly without another glance my direction.

Tether's beady dark eyes meet mine and they look even smaller in the dim lights of the club. I think most women would probably find him attractive. He's got everything going for him, the muscles, the tattoos, the suits, the height and a decently attractive face. But something about him tainted it. Made it all seem fake.

"What did you tell him?" I finally ask. Sipping on my vodka cranberry.

Tether smiles. "Just explained the repercussions of trying to take what didn't belong to him." His British accent sounds cold on my ears. And I swear the music quiets when he speaks.

I raise a brow. "Insinuating that I belong to you."

"Semantics." He waves a hand dismissively. "What are you doing here looking like a vision?"