Chapter 18

"Move," I tell the man. Using his body as a shield as we head towards the voices. The man is so tall that I can barely see around him, I have to get on my tip toes and glance over his shoulder every once in a while to make sure there's no one in front of us.

The talking is getting louder. And louder so I know we must be headed the right way. And after a minute, I can hear Tether's thick British accent. Before all this, I used to like those accents but fuck- not anymore.

I glance over the mans shoulder as he slows. There's a door that looks like it leads into the main club floor.

I close my eyes for half a second. I've gotten this far, there was really no turning back now.

"Open it." I say. The man listens to my surprise. Opening the door. The voices cut off. And even behind the man, I can feel the eyes on us.

"Pete, what's going on?" Tether says. Clearly he can't see me. Maybe look down at the two sets of feet? For a mob boss he wasn't that clever.

"Pete?" I say, nudging the mans head with the gun. "Aren't you supposed to get cooler names when you join the mob?"

The room is oddly quiet and I decide to step out from behind the large man just a bit.

I almost regret it. The two of them are tied to chairs around what looks like a poker table. Arrow's left eye is swollen shut. His lip is bleeding down his chin. But Greylar is untouched. His suit doesn't even have a drop of Arrow's blood on it. And on top of all that, they look pissed.

Tether laughs. He laughs so hard his head tilts back and he has to clutch his stomach. Fury swells in my chest. My blood feels so hot I can barely think straight.

I should've thought it through- I admit that but I don't. I didn't. I just shoot. I shoot the man at my side in the foot. He falls to the ground screaming and yelling but it falls on deaf ears as I raise the gun to Tether's face.

He stops laughing. His face contorts. He looks confused. Not concerned. And that makes me want to shoot him even more.

The other men, the ones who seem to have previously been torturing Arrow- they stand. Tether motions something to them and they remain still.

With a soft smile. Tether takes a step forward. "You don't want to shoot me." He says, all warmth and kindness. Like he's buttering up his mother to give him sweets before dinner.

"No?" I ask. Keeping the gun steady on the center of his forehead.

"No," he shakes his head before giving a quick nod. One of the men next to Arrow moves and my eyes dart over to him. "If you shoot me, your pretty boyfriend loses his throat. Then we both lose, darling." The man holds a large blade to Arrows throat. Arrow's eyes meet mine for a split second. And fuck- I wish I could read his mind. I wish he could tell me what to do because I was lost. I was lost. I got myself in and I got myself here but now what. Now fucking what?

"Let them go." I say, there's a quiver in my voice and I hate it. Tether takes another tentative step towards me. Eyeing me like you would a caged animal.

"I can't," he shakes his head once. "See they have something of mine."

I swallow and hold the gun tighter. "What? What could they possibly have?"

"My sister."

My breathing hitches and I spare a glance at them. They both look at me. The look that's in their eyes- it's not denial. There is no denial because they can't fucking deny it. They took someone's sister. Someone's family. What if they took my family? My sister? Wasn't anything off limits?

"Oh darling," He says, regaining my attention. "Did you think that you were the only woman they've kidnapped and fucked?" He laughs again but it doesn't make me mad this time. It just makes my stomach sink into my shoes. I feel like I might be sick.

"What do you want?" I ask quieter this time.

He gives me a look. "I want her back."

"I don't know where she is."

He huffs. "Yes, that much is clear." He looks down at his nails calmly, like being held at gunpoint is a daily occurrence. "Look I'll make you a deal." He doesn't even look up. "Give me the gun, and come with me and I'll let them go."

My brow furrows and the gun wavers. "Why?"

He sighs and looks up. "Because, I want my sister back, they'll want you back- and we'll trade. Simple."

There's that word again. Simple.

"What if they don't want me back?" I keep my voice indifferent this time.

Tether smiles and shakes his head. "Don't play dense," Is all he says. "Now hand me the gun." He raises his palm. Indicating I set the gun in his hand.

"They both go alive." I specify. A part of me knows that once I hand the gun over- it doesn't really matter anyways. But thankfully, Tether nods.

"Yes."

I stand there for a second, the gun still wavering on his forehead. Until finally, I lower it and step forward. I set it in Tether's hand. Tether nods and the man steps away from Arrow. I watch as they untie them. They don't look at me as the two men escort them out the door of the club.

When the door shuts behind them, Tether loops his arm through mine. "Cmon darling," he says, tugging me around the moaning man I shot in the foot. "Let me show you my world."