Chapter 1 : Busted

I looked down at my fingers, twirling my slender thumbs around each other. I noticed my ripped jeans, that never had rips before last night.

I looked around the medium-sized room, noticing people glancing every once and a while at me. I went back to examining my clothes, my blue shirt had small splatters of blood on it... that wasn't mine.

"I'm so stupid..." I muttered under my breath just loud enough for me to hear.

I looked at my shoes, I pulled my left foot on my right thigh to examine the bottom of my shoes... I had burned a hole in the soles... Dang it! These are my favourite shoes! I put my foot back down on the ground.

I leaned back on the cold wall, the chill not even bothering me. I noticed that the figure in the far corner hadn't moved in a long time, and looked like they were staring directly at me.

I looked away... They were making me uncomfortable... I heard commotion in the hallway... What was that noise? It sounded strangely familiar... I could somewhat make out voices.

" Where is she? " The familiar voice shouted.

" I'm sorry Ma'am you can't see her right now, " spoke someone that I haven't met before.

" What do you want from me? I'll do anything! "

" If you pay bail, then I can release her to you. "

Right then I felt a wave of exhaustion hit me... Wow... I was really tired, I hadn't slept all night, I didn't trust my cell mates, especially the one in the far corner, who was yet to show their face.

" Okay, how much is bail? "

" For little miss sunshine? " The unfamiliar voice said sarcastically, " 10,000 dollars... Cash."

" What! Are you kidding me! 10,000 dollars! "

" That's the price you pay for her bad behaviour. "

" Okay, fine I'll get you your money, but give me a little bit, " They spoke through gritted teeth, and with that they stormed out the door, and forcefully slammed it behind them.

Wow... Someone here has someone who cares a lot about them, and is very rich if I may add. Right then I heard someone sniffling. I looked around the dark cell, I could make out the thin figure of a girl with a lot of hair, and I mean big, frizzy, and red. I shuffled over to where she was sitting.

" Are you okay? " I asked.

The girl looked up, " Who? Me? " she asked, with a very distinct Scottish accent.

" Yes you. "

" Oh, I'm fine, I'm just real angry at myself. "

" Why? " I knew I was prying, but I was so bored this was the only thing to do.

She looked hesitant at first, but then her face lightened up, " Well... Oh what the hay, might as well, I was shopping and I found an adorable green shirt. I wanted it soooo bad! But it was 60 dollars! That's insane! So... Without thinking I stuffed it my bag and hurried out the store. "

" What happened? " I asked suddenly becoming very interested, in this otherwise boring place.

" Well, the alarm went off and the employees all came and searched my bag... And of course they found the shirt and they sent me here... I immediately regretted my decision. And now I'm waiting for my mom to come get me, " As she finished her face fell into a frown.

I wasn't sure what to say, so we sat there awkwardly for a bit. Then the door in the next room slammed open.

" Here you go, " I could faintly hear the familiar voice say in the next room.

I heard the clicking noise of a money counter.

" It's actually there... All 10,000... Wow... Didn't except you to actually do it, " the other voice, which I assumed by now was a police officer, said very rudely, " I'll go get her, wait here. "

The light in the hallway turned on, hurting my eyes temporarily, and a chubby man in a police officer outfit came walking in, swinging a chain of keys in his right hand. He came up to the bars and unlocked the door with the keys in his hand.

" You! " He said as he pointed at me.

I didn't know what to do, surely he was talking to someone else, so I didn't move.

" Come on! I don't got all day! Move it! " He shouted at me.

I got up and walked out of the cell. He relocked the doors and walked behind me as I made my way up the hallway. I stopped in front of the door at the end of the hallway and the officer unlocked it and opened the door.

Two surprises were waiting for me as the door opened. First, the light of day, honestly I had gotten used to the dim flickering light in the cell. And second someone screaming my name and tackling me in a hug.

" ELSA! "