Chapter 20 : What Happened?

JACK'S POV

Elsa's friends pulled her out the door and I closed it behind them.

What an inconvenient time for them to come in at, I was just about to tell her everything.

I don't know when I'll get another time to tell her.

ELSA'S POV

I wonder what Jack was gonna say? He looked really serious so what could it be about?

Anna and Rapunzel stopped dragging me and let me walk on my own, " What was that about? " Rapunzel asked.

" Jack said he had to tell me something, but you guys barged in before he could tell me, " I said, feeling frustrated.

" Oh, well sorry, we were getting suspicious, " Anna said.

" Suspicious about what? There is nothing going on between Jack and I, it's strictly business, " I explained.

They all looked skeptical, but shrugged it off.

We walked home in pretty much silence, by the time we got to Astrid's it was already dark, so we went straight to bed.

It took me awhile to go to sleep, I lied in my sleeping bag thinking about tomorrow, the risks I was taking and what Jack was going to say.

Eventually my eyelids grew to heavy to keep open and I drifted off the sleep.

JACK'S POV

When I awoke in the morning it still bugged me that I was unable to tell Elsa what I had meant to, but I shook it off.

I got ready and took the subway to the block before the one that Black's Industries was on.

I told Elsa to meet me there, so I waited there for her.

Much like I suspected she didn't come alone, the three friends from last night were with her.

" Yeah, so let's just say I didn't have an option to bring them, " Elsa said as she walked up, " This is Anna, Rapunzel, and Astrid. "

" Hey, " I said giving them a small wave, they all waved back, so I decided to get straight down to business, " So, are you ready? "

" As ready as I'll ever be, " she replied, taking a deep breath.

" Okay, let's do this, " I said, giving her a few things she would need. Then I walked to my position at a nearby coffee shop.

Elsa started walking towards the building as I began to set my equipment up.

" Mind if we sit here? " I heard a voice behind me ask. I turned around to find Elsa's three friends standing in front of my table.

" Sure, it's Rapunzel right? " I replied.

" Yep, " she said smiling at me. They took seats beside me and I turned on my laptop.

I put my Bluetooth in my ear and turned it on, " Elsa? Can you hear me? " I spoke into the receiver.

" Loud and clear, " I heard her respond, " Are you good to go? "

" Yep, whenever you're ready, " I said. I could see her through the window of the shop across the street. She was hesitant, but eventually entered the building.

I looked on my laptop screen and could see what Elsa could see from the camera on her glasses.

She got through the security at the door which was just metal detectors.

Elsa searched for the suite number of Black's Industries and headed for the elevator. Some typical elevator music played and a few others rode with her. She got to the floor below the target and exited the elevator.

" You're doing great Elsa, just climb the stairs and then you're almost there, " I said.

She followed my instructions and headed up the stairs.

She got to the top, took a deep breath, and slowly opened the door.

Elsa had went to the side of the office with mostly personal offices instead of the side with the cubicles, because let's be honest, it's a lot easier to sneak around when there is not a lot of people.

She walked around a corner and a man looking at a clipboard was right in front of her. Elsa quickly and quietly spun around and hid against the wall, the man didn't even notice and kept walking.

" She's gonna get herself arrested! Or worse killed! " Anna exclaimed, flaring her arms in the air in frustration. She didn't pay attention and bumped into the elbow of the guy walking past her.

Being caught off guard, his arm shot towards himself spilling coffee all over himself.

Anna gasped, " Oh my goodness! I'm so sor- " she stopped halfway through, " Chris? What are you doing here? " she asked.

" It's Kristoff and I was just about to leave, but now I have to get another coffee, " he said.

Kristoff? Kristoff? Why does that sound so familiar? I turned around to face him.

My mouth dropped open when I looked at him, " Kristoff? Is that you? " I asked.

He turned around, " Hey Jack! I haven't seen you in like 5 years, " he said.

" Yeah, it's been awhile, " I replied.

" You know him? " Anna asked raising an eyebrow.

" Yeah, we used to work together, " I answered.

" Jack, Jack, help me, " someone whispered in my eye, I turned around, but know one was there, " Jack! I need your help! " they said louder.

Then I remembered I had a Bluetooth in my ear and that Elsa was on the other end.

" Elsa!? What's going in? " I asked sitting back down at the table.

" I'm in a little bit of trouble, " she said in the speaker, " I made it into the office but Hans entered and I can't get out or to the safe, " she whispered.

" Jack? What's happening? " Astrid asked sitting next to me, while Anna glared at Kristoff.

I didn't respond, instead I focused on helping Elsa, " Okay, I have a plan, you need to- "

As I was speaking the Bluetooth made a high pitch noise, I quickly pulled out the earpiece and placed it on the table.

I checked the frequency that was linked to Elsa's Bluetooth and saw that the line was dead.

What happened?