Chapter 30 : Darkness

ELSA'S POV

After an hour or two of planning what we were going to do, we went back upstairs.

By that time the dryer was done so I could switch back into my clothes.

As I did, Jack got some supplies that we were going to need.

When I came back out he had a black backpack on and was waiting by the door.

It hadn't stopped raining when we exited the house so we stayed as close as we could to the walls so the overhangs would keep us mostly dry.

We kept really close together so we wouldn't get lost in the darkness.

I held onto the strap of Jack's backpack, just to be safe.

Once we got out of the alley, we walked side by side until we got to the front of the Black's Industries.

I looked at the 30 story high building and took a deep breath.

Jack turned to face me, " Okay, so do you remember what to do? "

I slowly nodded, " Good, " he said and smiled at me.

I tried to smile back, but I was extremely nervous.

" Hey, don't worry everything is going to go smoothly, there's nothing to worry about, " he said, caressing my face.

" I know, but I just couldn't live with myself if one of them gets hurt because I screw up, " I said as a tear escaped.

Jack wiped it away, " None of them will get hurt, no one will even notice that we were there. "

He pulled me in for a hug and I rested my head on his shoulder.

Jack stroked my hair and then made me look up at him, " You shouldn't worry about a thing, I'm a professional, " he said as he cockily grinned and then faded in with the people walking around us.

I couldn't help but smile, I took one more deep breath and then crossed the road to the building.

It's now or never.

ANNA'S POV

We all slowly entered the hallway, Flynn started making his way to the door.

We all cautiously followed, the door turned easily which I thought was a little odd, it seemed like this was too easy.

Flynn turned to look at all of us, " Okay we don't have much time before they realize we're gone so we have to move quickly. "

We all nodded and he opened the door.

No one was on the other side, Flynn broke into a jog and we all followed.

We were moving quite briskly when I thought I heard my name being called out.

I looked around the hallway of cells just like ours, but no one was there.

We came to another door and just before I was about to go through I saw a body slumped into the corner of a cell.

" Anna, " I heard the weak voice call.

I looked closer and recognized the person.

" Hans! " I exclaimed, " Are you okay? " I asked.

" Yeah, I think so, maybe just a couple broken ribs, " he said.

He slowly tried to move closer to the bars, but winced in pain.

" Wait, don't move, I'll get you out of there, " I said and ran to stop the group who had kept going.

" Flynn! " I shouted ahead.

Everyone looked back at me, " What? "

" I need your help! " I said turning around and heading back to Hans' cell.

Everyone came back, but once they saw Hans in the cell, they looked at me like I was crazy.

" We have to take him with, " I said.

" Anna? Are you okay? " Rapunzel asked.

" Yeah, he's the reason we are in this mess, " Astrid replied.

" He's changed, we was helping me escape when the man in black came and beat him up because of it, " I said, hoping they would see what I see.

" Anna, it's not a good idea and I don't trust him, now come on we have to go, " Astrid said, trying to persuade me.

" Yeah, I agree, this is a bad idea, " Merida put in.

" No! " I exclaimed, " If you guys want to leave, fine! But I'm not going without Hans, " I said stubbornly.

No one said anything and when I thought they might actually leave, someone broke the silence.

Flynn sighed and used the bobby pin to unlock Hans' cell, " Don't make me regret this, " he said.

" I won't, " I said.

The lock popped open and I ran in to Hans' side.

I put his arm over my shouldler and tried to help him stand.

He barely got off the floor before I crumbled under his weight, I tried again but ended with the same outcome.

I looked at everyone and saw they were unwilling to help, I tried one last time and I lifted him up to a standing position.

I was really shocked at my sudden strength, when I noticed Kristoff on the other side, holding most of his weight.

" Thanks, " I said, glancing other at him.

" No problem, " he said as he smiled at me.

We got out of the cell and continued our great escape.

We went down hallway after hallway, with no luck of finding any way out.

I was really starting to feel the extra weight of Hans and was becoming really tired, but I had to keep moving.

Just when it seemed like all hope was lost we went through another door and saw stairs at the end of the hallway.

Everyone silently rejoiced and we picked up the pace.

We began climbing the one flight of stairs, when we got to the top I let out a sigh of relief.

Flynn, who was still leading the way, slowly opened the door.

The room ahead if us was pitch black, but we entered regardless.

We all stayed very close so we wouldn't get separated.

Within five minutes of walking, we heard a low mumble.

It seemed to bounce off the walls and get louder.

We all stopped walking and looked around for the source.

I felt goosebumps crawl up my arms as another sound echoed in the room, but this one was a low sickening laugh.

" Did you really think you could escape? " I heard Pitch say, " How stupid do you think my men and I are? " 

We all turned so are backs were facing each other. 

" Please don't tell me you thought you could easily just walk out the door, because that is pathetic! " He laughed at us. 

All the sudden lights flooded the room and showed Pitch in front of us. 

We all turned to face him. 

" You should return to your cell now, before things get ugly, " He said. 

" No! " I shouted, I covered my mouth as soon as I spoke, regretting speaking. 

" Do you really think you can defeat me? " He asked. 

" Yes! There's eight of us and one of you, " Astrid said. 

He laughed, " Your counting is just as pathetic as you. " 

In a lightning fast motion, Hans ducked under Kristoff's and my arms. He pulled me to him, whipped out a knife and held it to my neck.