Chapter 52 : Revenge

ELSA'S POV

I held Jack's head off the ground as he laid there, out cold.

" You think this is the way to talk to someone! " I yelled at Pitch.

" Oh, well if you don't want to talk then I can just kill you instead? " Pitch asked, but he expected me to say no, so I did the exact opposite.

" Yes, that's what I would like, just kill me, because I don't want to be bored to death by your stories, " I said showing him a smug smile.

Pitch smiled back, " Well I'm feeling sentimental, so you're going to shut up and listen to what I have to say because its been 6 years since I last talked about her, " he ordered, " And then of course I'll put you out of your misery. "

I waited for him to start his story, I also prepared to roll my eyes and glare at him for the whole time he spoke.

" It all started when I was 8, " he began his story, " My biological parents, may they burn in hell, after embezzling 3.4 million dollars, ran off and left me on my own. I was placed into foster care and within 3 months was permanently placed with a single woman who was unable to have a child of her own. She must've been the kindest soul to ever grace this horrible planet. Her presence here was not long, for by the time I turned 17 she passed away from lung cancer. "

Pitch told me this story as if he was not actually apart of it, like he had no emotional attachment to it.

" It was at her funeral that I met her niece, I had never seen her before, but I was introduced as family. After that I spent my last year of high school living with her family. And even though she saw me as a cousin, I saw her as so much more. "

I laughed, but as soon as the snicker escaped my lips I regretted it, Pitch shot me the biggest glare. " Oh come on, that was the cheesiest thing I have ever heard leave someones mouth, it sounded like it was straight out of a Nickolas Sparks book, " I said.

Pitch's lips were pressed into a straight line, he was not impressed, and I decided that I would keep my mouth shut for now.

" I'm going to continue now, " he said, " It only took a few months for me to know that I was in love with her, deep down I knew she would never look at me the way that I wanted her too. But the night before i was supposed to leave for college I decided I had to know for sure. I tried to kiss her, but she quickly pushed me away. I was humiliated, so I ran off, everyone thinking I went off to college, but I couldn't do it. I stayed and lived on the streets, but every once in awhile I would check up on her. From a distance I watched her get married and have her first child, the older I got the more bitter I became, that she had moved on with her life and I couldn't. And then one night, her oldest was going to her first sleepover, within 2 hours her daughter was too upset to sleep and she was forced to go pick her up. She picked the girl up but she wouldn't stop crying, she tried to soothe the child from the front seat. So she didn't see the deer standing in the middle of the road until it was too late. Her natural instincts kicked in and she swerved to miss the creature, but that caused her to lose control of the car. "

The story Pitch was describing was so easy to picture, it didn't take any effort for me to imagine the story as he was telling it. 

" The car flipped three times, but my poor Iduna was so tired that she had forgotten to put her seat belt on. On the first roll she was thrown from the car and by the time first responders found her she was already dead. The child on the other hand, other than a couple scrapes, bruises and a broken arm, was fine. "

Shocked rushed through me, I wasn't picturing Pitch's story, I was remembering it.

" Yes, I can see it in your eyes, " Pitch said, as he began circling Jack and I again, " You're connecting the dots, no one ever told you the real reason your mother died. Nobody told you that it was your fault she was driving, that your crying was what distracted her and that you were the one that killed her! "

" No! " I yelled as the tears began to roll down my cheeks, " It wasn't my fault. "

" Of course it was your fault! " Pitch yelled and I could see the anger in his eyes, " You took her away from me, I have nothing left but to avenge the person that ended her life too soon. " 

" But, but, " I tried to speak, but the shock of what he just told me refused to let me think.

Pitch grabbed me by the collar of my jacket and pulled me to my feet, my whole body was limp and Pitch was the only thing holding me up. 

The tears were streaming down my face, but I could still see one lonely teardrop fall from Pitch's eye. 

" This is for you Iduna, my love, " Pitch said as he looked to the ceiling. 

I didn't try to fight him, I deserved whatever was about to happen. I just closed my eyes and waited for the end.