Chapter 43 : Anger Issues

JACK'S POV

" Okay, I can't take it anymore, we have to do something, I can't wait here any longer knowing Elsa is in trouble, " I said running my hand through my hair, I was so stressed out.

As soon as I was finished my sentence Anna and Kristoff walked through the door. 

" Anna! Where were you? " Rapunzel exclaimed as she rushed over to her.

" I'm sorry I took off, but as soon as I saw Elsa was gone I had to go after her, " she explained, " But I didn't get too far before Kristoff made my realize we all need to work together to find Elsa. "

I could tell Rapunzel was mad, but she was too relieved that Anna was back to show it, " I'm just glad you're okay, " she said pulling Anna into a hug.

The nurse appeared at the door, she knocked gently before walking in and standing in front us, " The footage doesn't really show anything helpful, but it does confirm someone exits this room with Ms. Winters. They draped a sheet over her to make it look like they were taking a body down to the morgue, and the rest was simple after that.  The culprit knew where the cameras were and was able to avoid most of them, except for the one we just installed last week. " She handed me a piece of paper with a clip from the footage printed on it, " This is the only photo we could get of him. " 

I looked closely, the image was too blurry to be able to recognize the man.

" I have no idea who this is, " I said passing the picture to Flynn. 

" Well I'll call the police and have an officer come down, " she said and then turned on her heel and walked out. 

Everyone looked at me, expecting that I had some sort of plan. 

" Well, we should go, " I said, starting for the door. 

" Wait a second there lad, where are we going to go? " she questioned with her hands on her hips, " None of us have any idea where Elsa could be. " 

" I don't know, but we can't stay here, most of us aren't on friendly terms with the police and staying at the hospital for this long has already been a bad idea, " I explained. 

Everyone silently agreed with my point and we all headed out of the building.

ELSA'S POV

My lip quivered as I realized it was my father that stood before me. 

" Elsa, " He said, but his tone wasn't in the same warmth that I remember.

My head started to spin as a million different questions flooded my brain, " How is this possible? " Was the first one to surface.

He took a step closer, " I can explain all that later, but first I need you to concentrate on what happened tonight. " 

I furrowed my brow as confusion swirled around me, " Why? " 

" Because it is very important that you tell me what happened, " His tone didn't change and I couldn't sense one ounce of joy in him to see me again. 

" What happened to you? " I asked as my head stopped spinning and my emotions couldn't decide on one feeling.

He sighed, " I said we can talk about that later, but right now just try and focus. "

My emotions finally settled and I could only feel one thing... anger. 

" How? " I clenched my fist, " How could you do this to me? To Anna? " I snarled in a cold tone. 

He didn't look hurt by my coldness towards him, " I didn't want to leave you, it wasn't my choice. "

I scoffed at him, " As if I'm going to believe that, everyone has a choice, but apparently your kids weren't worth the fight, " I could feel the anger getting stronger inside of me. 

" You know that's not true, " He tried to defend himself. 

" Do I? " I said completely amazed that he wouldn't take the blame for Anna and I, " I don't even know you, the father I knew used to spend every second he could fixing things in the garage, but you? You're not my father. "

I saw a split second of hurt in his eyes before he went back to being stone cold.

" Elsa, I loved you and Anna, and it hurt my every day not to be with you, " He said walking towards me. 

" Don't, " I said holding my hand out in front of me, " Stay away from me, you did it before you can do it again. " 

The woman beside him grabbed his arm, " It was too soon, we should give her some space. " 

He nodded his head and they both walked out of the room, followed by the two nurses. 

As soon as the door clicked shut, I cried out in pain, not because of my wound, but because my heart ached. The way my father said the word "loved" instead of love made me burst into tears. 

What had happened to him? 

HANS' POV

" Come in, " I heard his low voice call. 

I opened the door and walked up to Pitch's big mahogany desk.

" Is she dead? " He asked as he leaned back in his chair. 

I gulped, I knew what was going to happen, " No Sir. " 

He laughed, " Hans, this is why I've always liked you, after everything you've done, you still have a sense of humour. "

" I wasn't k- kidding, sh- she's not dead, " I stuttered in fear. 

" She's not dead? " He asked quietly, " SHE'S NOT DEAD!? " His voice boomed as he flung his chair backwards and stood up. 

I flinched at his yell and backed up a few steps. 

His jaw clenched in anger before he calmed down and straightened out his shirt and walked to the door, " Sometimes you just have to do everything yourself. "