Chapter 31 : Too Late

ANNA'S POV

I tried to fight back, but Hans was too strong, he had one hand clutching onto my hair pulling my head back. His other arm was across my body and his hand held the knife firmly to my neck.

" I would have to say that it is seven to two, but you know we can always make it six to two if you want, " Pitch said, grinning at us.

Hans slowly pressed the blade tighter to my neck and I gasped.

The knife was starting to break through my skin and I felt warm liquid trickle down from the forming cut.

" In one easy motion, Anna can be dead, it's really up to you, " Pitch said as he started to walk around us.

" So that was all an act? " I grunted at Hans.

He laughed, " It's sad how easy it was to get you to fall head over heels for me. "

" Don't flatter yourself, I was just being a good person, I would have done it for anyone, " I responded, but deep down inside I knew that wasn't the truth.

" So what do you say? Are you going to cooperate? " Pitch asked.

Everyone remained silent, clearing thinking of what to do.

" I'll take that as a no, kill her, " Pitch said.

I held my breath and waited for the impact.

I glanced up to see Hans frozen, " Are you sure boss? " Hans asked.

Pitch glared at him and gave him a 'what's the problem look'.

Hans let out a sigh and dug the knife into the side of my neck.

I screamed in pain as the blood started dripping.

" Wait! " Someone yelled.

Hans stopped and I let out a sigh of relief.

" We'll go back, " Rapunzel said.

Pitch looked at her and laughed, " Too late. "

ELSA'S POV

I walked into Black's Industries and instantly remembered the familiar atmosphere of business.

Everyone acted so professional and didn't seem to care about me entering.

I focused my mind on my task at hand, even though I hated what I had to do, but Jack said it was the only way.

I stopped at the coffee cafe in the front lobby and bought a small cappuccino.

I looked around, it was late at night so not many people were around. Which I was glad about.

I slowly made my way towards the front desk, but made sure to make it look like I wasn't headed directly there.

I pretended I was struggling with the numerous shopping bags Jack had given me as props.

I glanced at the security guard at the front desk who was paying his full attention to the live feed of the surveillance cameras.

I picked up my pace as I started walking to the entrance of the elevators just past the desk.

I pretended to be in a rush as I hurried by the desk.

As I passed by I intentionally smacked my hip of the corner. I didn't have to fake the pain because I had ran into it faster than I expected.

I crumpled in half and purposely dumped the coffee all over my shirt.

" Shoot! Oh no! This is bad, this is really, really bad! " I said out loud, hoping to get the attention of the man on desk duty.

He glanced over, but didn't say anything.

" Not today! I can't handle this! " I exclaimed.

I quickly whipped off my coat and walked behind the desk.

" What are you doing- " The man started, but I interrupted him.

" Hold this, " I said giving him my coat and placing my bags on the counter.

He held the coat and stared at me like I was insane.

" Sorry, but I have a huge meeting that I have to run in front of my boss and I can't be looking like this, " I said gesturing my spilled on shirt.

" What? " He said confusedly.

I ruffled through the shopping bags and grabbed a new shirt.

In a split second I pulled off my damp shirt over my head.

" Hey! You can't do that in here! " He said, completely surprised with my actions.

He took the coat he was still holding and held it in front of me.

I grabbed the other shirt and pulled it on.

I smiled at him and turned around and stuck my arms through the coat sleeves.

" Thank you, you're a lifesaver, " I said showing him the biggest smile I could.

I collected the bags off the counter and went out from behind the desk.

I could feel his expression of shock as I walked away and entered the elevators.

I let out a sigh as the doors closed, hopefully that worked.

As I arrived on the floor below I looked around.

Cautiously I exited and went to the staircase. Just as I was about to open the door, a hand wrapped around my mouth and I was pulled into the shadows.

I gasped as I frantically tried to struggle out of their grip.

They easily held me and pulled me deeper into the darkness.

I wanted to scream, but I didn't want to alert Hans' men.

We stopped moving as we seemed to it a wall. Slowly, their hold on me loosened. 

" Shhhh, " I heard them whisper in my ear. 

I let out a sigh of relief as I instantly recognized the voice. 

I turned around in their arms and stared up Jack, " Don't do that to me! " I exclaimed in a whisper, " You scared me! "

He chuckled and I hit him on the arm.

" Sorry, couldn't help it, " He said smiling at me. 

" I'm guessing the plan worked? " I asked. 

" Yep, you did great, your distraction was all I needed to pick the lock and go through the back door without being caught by the guard. "

" Good, because I was worried it wouldn't be enough, you would get caught, Hans would find me, and- " 

Jack interrupted me by pressing his lips to mine. At first I was startled, but then easily fell into it. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he tightened his grip on my waist.  I intertwined my fingers into his hair, pulling him more towards me. 

It was like fireworks were exploding around us, but I was too focused on Jack to notice.

The kiss was hard yet soft, fiery yet passionate, and I never wanted it to end.

For that moment I forgot every problem I had, it was just Jack and I in a vast empty Earth.

It seemed to end too soon and Jack left me wanting more, " You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that, " He said. 

" I think I do, " I replied and smiled.

Jack started to lean down again and I went on my toes to reach him.

Our lips were just inches apart when we were startled by a blood curdling scream.