Chapter 36 : Close Friends

JACK'S POV

Laughter filled my ears, a warm Summer breeze drifted in the air.

I opened my eyes and there she was, she twirled around in the long swaying grass.

Her dress spinning with her, " Jack! " She called me.

I smile crept up onto my face, as I got off the ground and started walking over to her.

Just as I was about to reach her, her laughter stopped and she grabbed her stomach. Her colourful dress was beginning to stain from the blood forming around her hands.

She looked up at me horrified and I tried to take the last step between us, but I couldn't, my legs became heavy and unresponsive.

" Help me, " She cried as she lost more and more blood.

My heart wrenched as I could do nothing but watch her suffer.

She fell to the soft green grass and started gasping for air.

I screamed her name as her body went into shock.

All the sudden my legs crumbled underneath of me, as I went to help her she slowly started to fade.

Everything around us went blurry and she continued to call out to me.

" Jack! "

I shot up in my chair.

My vision cleared and I looked around the waiting room of the hospital.

" Are you okay? " I heard someone ask.

I looked up to where Anna was standing, " Yeah, I'm fine, " I replied.

" Man, you were out for awhile, " Anna said, sitting back down beside me.

I turned to face her, " I haven't really slept for a couple of days. "

" I can tell, what was going on? " She asked me.

I shrugged, not really wanting to talk about it, " Just a weird dream. "

She shrugged as well and leaned back in her chair.

" Visitors for Elsa Winters, " Called a nurse that appeared by the door. She was wearing blue scrubs and held a clipboard in her hands.

Anna and I both jumped to our feet, " Right here, " Said Anna raising her hand.

" Follow me, " She said, she brought us into the main office and went around to the other side of the desk.

We waited as the nurse settled into a chair and started typing on her computer.

" Names and relation to patient, " she ordered.

" Anna Winters, sister, " Anna said, looking very anxious.

The nurse entered the data into her computer and then looked at me.

" Oh, Jack Frost, " I paused, what was our relationship?

She rolled her eyes and looked annoyed with me.

" A close friend, " I said.

RAPUNZEL'S POV

We watched as the ambulance drove away.

Neither of us said anything as we stood on the sidewalk outside of the building.

There was a low rumble from above and we looked up.

A helicopter rose from the top of the Black's Industries building and flew off into the night sky.

" Do you think that was Pitch? " Astrid asked.

" I'm not sure, but who else could it be? " I commented, not expecting a reply.

Astrid didn't say anything else and we waited in silence. I wasn't quite sure what we were waiting for, but Astrid didn't move so I didn't.

In a couple of minutes, Flynn, Kristoff, Merida and Hiccup came bursting through the front doors of the building. They ran over to join us on the sidewalk.

" What happened? " Hiccup asked going over to stand by Astird.

" She's alive, but that's not a guarantee, they took her to the hospital, " Astrid responded.

" Well, what are you guys waiting for? " Kristoff asked.

I looked at Astird, " You guys, " I answered, " The hospital is not that far away, we could walk there in 15 minutes. "

" Then we better get going, " Flynn said, walking up beside me.

We started making our way downtown towards the hospital.

" What happened with you guys? " I asked Flynn, looking up at him.

He took a deep breath, " After Pitch shot Elsa, Merida ran after them, Hiccup noticed and followed her, while Kristoff and I followed him, " He paused for a moment.

I patiently waited for him to continue, " Merida caught up with Hans and started fighting him, when we got there he knocked her down and ran away. Kristoff and I chased Hans, while Hiccup helped Merida, when we got to the rooftop they were already in a helicopter. We ran towards it, but Hans opened fire with Pitch's gun, we couldn't do anything but hide behind some duct work attached to the roof until they flew off, getting way. "

He seemed really disappointed, " Hey, it's not your fault, " I said, I went to put my hand on his shoulder, but he jerked away.

He grabbed my hand instead, " What is all over your hands? " he asked.

I looked down at my hands and gasped, they were covered in Elsa's blood, " I- I- I didn't even notice, " I stuttered, " I-It's blood. "

My stomach started to turn, as my adrenaline wore off, and I gazed at my hands covered in my best friend's blood.

" I think I'm going to be sick, " I said as black dots started to cloud my eyesight.

" Woah, take it easy, " Flynn said as my knees started to buckle, he made me stop walking and kept me standing up straight by placing his hands on my shoulders.

" Hey! Are you guys okay? " Merida called from where they stopped walking up the road.

" Yeah, just keep going we'll meet you there! " He responded.

They thought about this for a little bit and then continued down the sidewalk.

" Come here, " Flynn said, helping me to a bus stop bench near by.

We both sat down and slowly my vision cleared.

" What happened? " Flynn asked me, looking down at my bloodstained hands.

I took a deep breath, " I had to apply pressure to Elsa's wounds in order to stop the bleeding, I was so in the moment I didn't even realize before you said something. "

Flynn smiled at me, " You did good, you might have saved her life, now can you walk? "

I nodded my head and he helped me up, we walked to the nearest fast food restaurant, I went into the bathroom and washed my hands while Flynn waited outside.

Once I had dried my hands I looked in the mirror, my appearance was a mess, my hair was tangled and I had huge bags under my eyes.

I brushed my hand through my hair and then smiled, I liked being around Flynn, there's something about him that I just can't ignore.

I walked out of the bathroom with a grin on my face, Flynn wasn't in the hallway anymore, so I went outside figuring he was waiting for me there.

I walked out the door, but there was no sign of Flynn anywhere, " Flynn?!? " I called out.

There was no reply, except for the sound of cars driving by.

I shouted his name again, but I got the same response, my smile faded as the first thing popped into my head...

Did he leave me?