Chapter 27 : Small Feelings

RAPUNZEL'S POV

I sat in the cell with my eyes shut as tight as possible.

I covered my ears trying to muffle the screams and cries of Anna.

I wasn't sure what was going on, but it sounded as if she was being slowly tortured.

The others had gloomy looks on their faces. No one said anything, the only sound the disturbed the quiet was Anna.

ELSA'S POV

The Stabbington Brothers and their gang slowly closed in around me, like vultures about to claim their prey.

I could hear the sizzle of water on fire, as the rain started failing more steadily around us, making the torches struggle to keep lit.

A loud boom of thunder above made a couple people flinch, but they continued coming closer.

All the sudden an ear piercing scream broke the night, everyone turned around to see a tall figure in a black cloak.

As I looked closer I could see the figure was holding a member of the gang.

Lightning cracked across the sky, lighting up the alley for just a second, but long enough for me to see the glint of a knife in the captive's leg.

" Who is that? " Yelled the more talkative of the two Stabbington Brothers.

The figure said nothing and didn't move an inch while the captive continued to cry in fear.

" Who are you?!? " He repeated loudly, trying to be heard over the storm.

The figure continued to be silent, until he left out a low laugh.

Not like a normal laugh, this was sick and twisted, like that of one in an insane asylum.

It made me shiver and I could feel everyone tense at the sound of the laugh.

" It- it's P- P- Pitch Black! " Screamed the one in the figure's grasp.

The gang started looking at one another with fear in their eyes.

" Pitch Black? " I heard someone close whisper.

" Don't you remember the old story of Pitch Black, who thrived on darkness and controlled the storms? But he's supposed to be just a legend. " Another replied.

Lightning cracked and thunder sounded above, making everyone uneasy.

Then in one strong gust, the wind blew through the alley, making some struggle for balance.

The wind instantly blew out every torch, leaving everyone in complete darkness.

Within a couple seconds everything was in chaos, the gang members were screaming at the top of their lungs and running in the other direction frantically.

Both of the Stabbington Brothers stood in front of me, blocking me from Pitch.

When everyone else was gone, he slowly made his way over to us.

It was pouring rain by now, drenching all of us completely.

Pitch stood a couple feet away, then all the sudden a huge lightning bolt cracked across the sky, striking not to far from us.

This made both the brothers flinch in fear, but they didn't move.

Then Pitch pulled a knife out of the cloak and let out another low sickening laugh.

He walked closer and both of the brothers took off down the alley, following the rest of their cowardly gang.

That left me alone with Pitch Black. I'm not sure which one is more scary, the gang threatening to kill me and everyone I know, or the one man that made them run away.

ANNA'S POV

I sat slumped in the chair, I tried not to think about that night at all because it makes me depressed.

I looked around, but Pitch had disappeared, I tried to get up, but I felt so weak.

" Anna? " I heard a voice say.

I slowly tried to open my eyes, " Hans? " I replied, once I saw who it was, " What do you want? "

" Are you okay? " He asked, with what seemed like real concern.

He crouched down beside me so we were almost eye level.

" Go away, " I said turning my head to look the other way.

" I'm being serious, you don't look too good, " He said, following me to the other side.

" Thanks, " I said sarcastically and tried again to get up.

This time was more successful, I started walking to, if I remember correctly, where the door is.

I waved my hands around in front of me trying to find the door, but was very unsuccessful.

" What happened? " Hans asked, but I just ignored him.

I finally found a wall and reached around for the door knob.

" Why won't you answer me? " He asked.

I turned around to face him, " You want to know why? I'll tell you why, you tricked me into borrowing money from you. So you could kidnap and torture my friends and I! " I yelled at him, I was so done with his fake caring.

" Is that what you think happened? " He asked, with what seemed like a bit of hurt in his eyes, but obviously it was an act.

I nodded and crossed my arms letting him know that I didn't care about his excuses.

" I heard that someone wanted to borrow a lump sum of money and jumped at the opportunity because that's my business. But when I saw it you, I didn't care if you ever payed me back. " He said a smile appearing on his lips.

" Why? " I demanded.

" Because you took my breath away, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on, " He explained.

" Yeah right, " I said rolling my eyes.

" It's true, " He tried to convince me, " It was only when my boss learned who your sister was that he made me do all those terrible things. "

" Why would your boss care about who Elsa is? " I questioned.

" That is what I've been trying to figure out, " Hans said scratching his head.

" If you really do care about me, then you'll help my friends and I, " I said, to see if he was telling the truth.

He looked around nervously and then came very close to me, " I'll do anything. "

" Okay, then we have to get my friends out of the cell, " I said continuing my search for the door knob.

" I can't believe it, " I heard Pitch say from the opposite side of the room.

The door opened a couple inches from where I was and two big guards grabbed me.

" After all that I did for you, you betray me? " Pitch continued, " Take her away, I need to deal with Hans alone, " he said motioning the guards to leave.

Almost a second after we had left, I heard a faint cry of pain. If I tried I think I could hear the noise of someone being beaten.

I couldn't help but feel bad.

He had tried to help me and now he was being punished before he even did anything.

Even though I didn't want to, I couldn't deny the small feelings I had for Hans.