Chapter 51 : Time to Talk

FLYNN'S POV

Rapunzel and I quickly turned down the attached hallway careful not to make too much noise. This corridor was much darker then the rest, we stayed close to the wall just in case someone came from either direction. I could feel Rapunzel's grip on the back of my shirt to make sure she didn't lose me, in spite of all that was happening that made me smile.

" How are we going to find everyone else? " Rapunzel whispered from behind me. 

" I'm not sure yet, we just need to start searching for them while trying not to be seen by anyone else, " I said.

" Wow, sounds simple enough, " she said sarcastically, which made me smile again.

" You know, this might be a long shot, but we could try- " I started by Rapunzel cut me off with shushing.

She pulled my shirt to get me to stop walking forward, " Did you hear that? " she asked me very quietly.

" Hear what? " I asked.

" There was a noise on the other end of the hallway, someone is over there, " she said, I could feel the side of her head press against my shoulder to look at the hallway from behind me.

I started walking forward again, if someone was there we were going to meet up with them eventually. I felt Rapunzel's hand on my shirt tighten and I knew she was nervous.

We walked a little farther until I heard a voice, " See I told you no one was there, you're imagining it, " said a distinct Scottish voice, that I recognized instantly.

I stopped walking, " Merida? " I called out.

" Flynn? " the same voice answered back.

The group of four slowly came into view, but even when they were 3 feet in front of us, we could only see a vague outline of them.

I let out a sigh when I knew it was them, Rapunzel let go of my shirt and stood beside me. We quickly updated them on what had happened earlier with Elsa and Anna's father and how we needed to help them. 

We turned around and went down the hallway until the spot where we left Jack. We could only hope that if they needed our help, that we would get there in time.

ELSA'S POV

We followed William, it had only been around two minutes before the lights above switched back on and flooded the hallway with light.

" Ahhh, the generator finally kicked in, " William said, as he led us into a room and told us to have a seat. Hans and Lillian were sitting in two identical chairs in the corner. I shot them a glare just for good measure before I sat down.

Anna noticed Hans and her eyes went wide,  " What is HE doing here?! " she exclaimed, pointing a finger at him, " Last time I saw you, you threw me against a wall! " 

" Hans? Did you honestly do what she says? " William asked Hans, it sounded like there was hurt in his voice, but I knew it was fake.

" Yes I did, but it was the only thing I could do to keep her occupied, while you got out Elsa out of the hospital, " Hans explained.

" I said distract her, but nothing about physical abuse, next time you will listen more carefully, " William said, giving him a stern look.

Hans nodded and William turned back to us, " Now, Pitch is on his way here, but we won't be here when he arrives, my men are currently preparing our helicopter to safely remove all of us, " he said as smiled specifically at Anna. 

" I'm afraid, I'm early, " I heard a deep voice say behind us, I turned around to see Pitch standing in the doorway. He made eye contact with me and said, " Elsa, nice to see you're not dead, but unfortunately I'm here to change that. "

He smiled as his eyes started to scan the room and landed on Hans, " Oh there you are, I was wondering where my number one betrayer ran off to, " Hans gulped, I could see the fear flickering in his eyes, " But don't worry, I'll deal with you later. "

" Stop! " William shouted, " I will not let you threaten my family like this, you're quarrel lies with me, leave then out of it. "

Pitch looked shocked for a split second and then let out a sickening laugh, " You honestly think that its only you that I'm after? Yes, I would love to see you die, but Elsa is the one I truly came for, the rest of you may go. "

Lillian and Hans got up and stood beside William, " We only need one, Anna will do instead, " she whispered into his ear, but I could still easily hear what she said from where I was.

" Do I have your word? We leave you Elsa and you leave us alone? " William asked. 

Pitch did not answer, but instead starred at him. 

" Hans, grad Anna, " he said as he grabbed Lillian's hand and made his way past Pitch to the door. 

" No! " Anna yelled, she tried to resist Hans, but he easily overpowered her and put her over his shoulder.

" Don't touch her! " I exclaimed as I started towards her, but Pitch stepped in front of me. 

" Not so fast, you and I have some business to take care of, " he said.

I felt the anger boil inside of me as I watched Hans leave with Anna kicking and screaming on his shoulder. 

Pitch smiled as they left and began circling Jack and I, like a vulture does to its prey.

" What do you want? " I asked Pitch, " What do you have against me? "

" I'll tell you, but I want this conversation to be private, " he said and in one swift movement, he hit Jack over the head with something concealed under his cloak. 

Jack promptly fell to the ground unconscious. 

" Jack! " I screamed as I fell to the ground with him, trying my best to catch him before he hit the ground.

I could feel a warm liquid from the back of his head and looked at my hand to realize it was blood.

Pitch looked at me and smiled, " Now we can talk. "